Low blood pressure is the pressure of 80/60 mm Hg and below. Sharp drop in blood pressure can be life-threatening condition, requiring urgent medical treatment. Symptomatic hypotension is often accompanied by acute myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, severe arrhythmia, intracardiac blockade, allergic reactions, blood loss etc.
Symptoms of low blood pressure:
- Tremor (shaking) of the hands.
- Fast or on the contrary slow heartbeat.
- Chill in the hands and feet.
What to do when bad health:
- Lie down.
- Drink a Cup (250 ml) of hot sweet tea or coffee (if You have elevated blood sugar, drink tea without sugar).
- You Can eat 2 tablespoons of honey and drink very warm but not hot water.
- You Can take medication ginseng (ginseng normalizes blood pressure).
It is necessary to exclude a disease or condition that may cause low blood pressure.
Causes of blood pressure 80/60:
- Internal bleeding, for example (with perforation gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer or ectopic pregnancy, etc.).
- myocardial Infarction.
- Arrhythmia (irregular heart rhythm).
- Intoxication (poisoning).
- Mental trauma (stress, depression).
- Cold or flu virus.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
- Fatigue. Both physical and emotional (chronic fatigue syndrome).
- A change in the weather or climate.
- Period of menstruation in women.
- Lowering blood pressure is typical for young women in the low physical activity.
- A genetic predisposition.
- In the appointment of the preparations reducing arterial pressure, especially in the first few days.
Blood pressure can drop sharply, in case You were assigned a drug to reduce blood pressure and You just started to take off (first 3 – 5 days) is an individual reaction of the organism, do not be afraid! You may need a dosage adjustment.
Unfortunately, some patients are afraid of reducing blood pressure to normal numbers and stop taking drugs that reduce pressure, risking thereby to obtain an even stronger increase in blood pressure that leads to stroke and myocardial infarction.
You need to know and understand that reduction of blood pressure and its symptoms can appear in patients with elevated blood pressure (160/100 mm Hg), which prescribed medication for lowering blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure to 130/80 – 120/80 mm Hg – it’s okay!
But in view of the fact that Your blood vessels are already weaned from the normal pressure – they are not comfortable. It will pass! Your vessels need time to adapt to normal blood pressure levels, after accustomed to a high blood pressure.
In this case, it is necessary to reduce the dose or wait until the vessels “get used” to the normal and proper blood pressure.
Dangerously low blood pressure is the systolic “top” blood pressure below 60 mm Hg (60/20 mm Hg) and below. When the pressure drops to such figures, reduced blood flow to the brain and can lead to loss of consciousness. At this pressure, impaired filtration of urine in the kidney and developed renal failure, to put it simply, the kidneys stop working.
In such cases, when a blood pressure of 60/20 mm Hg and below, you should immediately call an ambulance!