The summer heat in the street makes the office workers to escape from high temperatures using air conditioning. But at the same time with the start of work of this unit is growing and the number of sick-lists with the diagnosis: a respiratory catarrh, a pneumonia, a bronchitis.
A cold from Air Conditioning
Cold from Air Conditioning is most likely because of hypothermia, first and foremost, this type colds sick people with weakened immune systems or people with chronic diseases. Hypothermia occurs because of the sharp drop in temperature of the room and the external environment. Also cause of a cold may give a wrong place of installation of the air conditioner in the room when the air conditioning is close to the person. In addition, the jet of air cannot be sent directly, as it would stay in the draft.
No less common is the cold from the car air conditioner because in the summer the car usually heated to very high temperatures, thereby causing great discomfort for the driver. So drivers very often include car air conditioners at full power, directing a jet of cold air directly into itself, thus they run the risk of getting colds in connection with the sharp hypothermia.
Separately I would also like to recall how this disease legionellosis (or Legionnaires ‘disease”). The cause of the disease are also air conditioners, but most of it is not modern air conditioners, the condensate from which is derived immediately out, and the branched system of air-conditioning where water condensate accumulates constantly and it can develop the bacteria Legionella. All modern air conditioners have antibacterial filters, which do not allow to develop within the device the bacteria and microorganisms. Only in very rare cases, when the filters and air-conditioning system is extremely dirty on the inside, then there is a risk of the Legionella conditioning.
Air conditioning – how to use to be healthy:
- The Difference in temperatures outside and in the room should not be above 10 degrees. Room temperature should not fall below 20 degrees. More sharp temperature fluctuation weakens the ability of protective forces of an organism, that provokes allergies and exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- It is Impossible to direct air flowing from the air conditioner directly at the person. Better to let the air stream along the ceiling.
- Danger zone when the air conditioner is 2×3 meters in front of him. There the mobility of air is large and the temperature is lower than in the rest of the area. It is better not to sit there, especially if you constantly have to be in it.
- In a room with working air conditioning there is a shortage of oxygen, due to the fact that there is no fresh air. In such a refrigerated room to position a large number of flowers in pots, for example, figs.
- Air conditioning dries the air. In order to neutralize the harm to humans, it is recommended to purchase a humidifier or moistening it with the help of improvised means (aquarium, indoor fountains or water containers).Skin from drying orosite thermal water and a protective cream.
- In Time to change the filters on the unit, clean regularly split system, otherwise the air can become a breeding ground for viruses. The service life of the filter about 3 months and cleaned it once a week you need. Although the assertion that this home appliances – the source of infection, affect more systems that were made 20 years ago. Then they were equipped with mixing chambers, and now the producers set in the air-conditioning system, which is supplied and removed from the premises of air not in contact.
- To Protect the muscles of the back and neck from sharp overcooling the air conditioner is running will help clothing from natural fabrics that can absorb excess moisture.
- Do Not use the timer, which includes a split system you came from the street. Let the body adapt to the colder air gradually. With the same purpose, leaving the room, first turn off the air conditioning, stay a little in the room, and only then go out into the street.
Treatment of colds from the air conditioning
In the early stages of a cold from the air conditioner is well treatable. When the first symptoms of the disease should take cough medicines or use folk remedies for the medicine – hot tea with lemon, a warm bath, when the temperature of the body can be rubbed with alcohol.
If the cold symptoms are more complex and are accompanied by a significant increase in body temperature, in this case, the treatment must be carried out strictly under the supervision of a physician, as self-medication in this situation may only aggravate the patient’s condition and to cause the appearance of complications. In any case, if cold symptoms do not respond well to treatment and lasts longer than 7-10 days, a doctor’s consultation.