To determine the caries in infants and older simply. The teeth appear white or brown spots, there is a painful reaction to hot and cold, you may experience bad breath in children. The appearance of these first symptoms of dental caries should start to sound the alarm, as the carious process develops very rapidly. It is characterized by almost instantaneous defeat of several teeth, and, if no action is taken, the affected may be the entire denture. Of course, the baby is often hard to articulate what hurts a baby tooth. He may refuse food or chewing only on one side. It also should alert parents and encourage them to take the child in child dentistry.
Causes of caries in a child
The causes of more than it seems at first glance. This improper oral hygiene, sharing Cutlery with older native of caries and more. However, the main causes are the influence of the consumption of carbohydrates that destroy the tooth, accidental infection from a carrier of carious infection, genetic factor, the immaturity of the pediatric skeletal system, the incorrect use of pacifiers and teats.
- of Course, the most basic and common reason why children’s cavities occur – not following the rules of oral health and the impact of sweets. According to statistics, dental caries in young children develops in 73% of cases. Sucrose, glucose and fructose are those acids that are formed during the fermentation of carbohydrates and lead to the destruction of the enamel. Immediately after the intake of carbohydrates the PH of saliva is reduced from 6 to 4, and residues in food, are not cleaned from your teeth, live pathogenic bacteria.
- dental Caries is an infection – an infection of the oral cavity. That is a loving parent, being a potential carrier of carious germs, does not even suspect that, kissing her baby or having lunch with him one spoonful, he personally can infect a child!
- Another reason may be caries in primary teeth, genetic conditionality. Teeth begin to form during the antenatal period, during the first trimester of pregnancy. Therefore, Smoking negligent mother, her illness, migrated during this period, or the medication could lead to the violation of the proper development of teeth in children.
- dental Caries in children 2 years of age, i.e. early caries in children may be linked with the following factor: the bottle teeth have a low degree of mineralization and erupt “immature”, and then “ripen” in the mouth. The final mineralization lasts for one or two years, the bottle teeth at about three years of constant. Such periods of “ripening” pediatric dentists are considered the most coreespondence. Therefore, the reasons why caries in a child 2 years of age and at an earlier age may also be a chronic disease, the medication, the composition of saliva and fluoride content in water and food.
- Another reason for the development of caries in very tiny babies – incorrect use of nipple. The baby, who falls asleep with a bottle in his mouth, runs the risk of caries in the anterior teeth, the so-called baby bottle caries. In this case, a long sweet liquid contact with the teeth can lead to cavities on all anterior teeth. The disease is distributed around the entire visible part of the tooth on the perimeter.
As you can see, the causes of caries are more than enough. But they all boil down, generally, to teeth demineralization and destruction of hard tissues. Characteristic changes in teeth, can diagnose only a dentist. How had advanced caries will depend on further treatment. What are the stages of development of caries of deciduous teeth?
Dental caries in children: pictures, images, photos
Stages of development of children’s tooth decay
Dentists divide the bottle teeth caries according to the depth of the lesion into several types:
Initial caries can be read as: on the enamel occur white patches of different shapes and sizes, but no pain. In “running” the case of initial caries progresses – the spots darken, becoming brown and then black.
At a superficial caries a defect of dental tissue within the enamel, and carious cavity can be both light and dark. However, in this case the pain appears when the contact of the tooth with a sweet, sour or salty. In this case it is required the treatment of bottle tooth and filling the cavity.
The average decay affects the enamel and the inner tissue of the tooth, the dentin. The unpleasant sensation of sweet, sour and salty added pain from hot and cold. In this case, as well as for superficial caries, fillings need.
With deep caries affected enamel and a significant part of dentin. If at this stage it is not treated, caries may affect the pulpitis of the tooth, and then walk up to the root, not seldom when this occurs cyst of primary teeth. There’s just need to see a doctor, while the infection did not go further. In this case, the bottle teeth caries and its treatment will depend on how far the decay has spread.
Treatment of Dental caries in children
Children’s caries and its treatment still remain for some parents an open question. Even knowing that the child has cavities, they are in no hurry to go to the doctor, thinking as follows: “dairy, will fall out anyway”. Such judgments absurd, because infected bottle teeth will lead to complication in the growth of permanent teeth or provoke aggravation of other diseases in the body of the baby. Anyway I have to delete the baby tooth ahead of time. Caries in pediatric dentistry is one of the most common diseases, so the questions of “how and why to treat caries in children” should ask both parents and professionals. Dentists believe that tooth decay treatment baby tooth saves it to the “arrival” of the indigenous.
If the doctor found the child beginning caries, the most likely treatment of bottle teeth is not required. The expert will protect the enamel from further destruction with the help of painless and effective procedure – the application of fluoride varnish or fluoride compounds of silver. Then, when the baby will gain permanent teeth, the dentist can conduct sealing fissures – hollows between the elevations of the tooth – which will prevent bacterial plaque that destroys the enamel. If the caries progresses, without sealing is not enough. The doctor quickly and almost painlessly remove diseased tissue and sealed will zapominaet tooth. Otherwise, the decay can go into the pulpit in a child, and then to periodontitis.
Features of treatment of caries in children
- Before you perform the anesthesia for the doctor to numb the area of injection with the help of special gels or spray. The content of the anesthetic component should be the minimum. Anaesthesia is, as a rule, only in those cases when it is required for the removal of the pulpitis – that is, when the middle and deep caries.
- to Remove the affected tissue, preferably with hand tools or drill, making frequent breaks.
- as seals, you should use materials that you can make “one time” in order to reduce the operation time.
- If a caries is complicated and its treatment requires the necessary sealing of root, canals disinfected without special tooling and sealed with a special paste.
- Treatment of primary teeth in children should take no more than half an hour, otherwise the child will get tired.
- Treatment of multiple or bottle caries, as a rule, takes place in several stages and requires sedation.
- Dental Treatment for children under General anesthesia is carried out strictly on the evidence;
To get rid of carious lesions at an early stage with the help of modern methods of treatment of caries without a drill. Comfortable, painless treatment is suitable for those children who are afraid of manipulation of the dental Bur. The cost of treatment of caries of deciduous teeth without a drill slightly above the price of conventional dental treatment in children, but it’s worth it. If simple tooth decay caused complications, you’ll have to resort to the classical drilling. The cost of treatment of complicated caries of deciduous teeth will depend on the degree of neglect of the disease.
Prevention of dental caries in children
Prevention of child caries includes several areas that can be reduced to proper nutrition, as well as home and professional hygiene.
Individual oral hygiene
Home hygiene means that as soon as they appeared the first tooth, in a glass next to the brushes of the parent must appear and brush for the baby. The same applies to toothpaste. At first, the paste can be applied on gauze or finger cot to clean the teeth, so as not to hurt tender gums. Clean the teeth with all surfaces vertical, then wipe with a brush dipped in water. Thus, first, removes plaque, and, secondly, the parents will teach the kid to care for the oral cavity.
Prevention of caries with the help of well-chosen diet
As for food, here parenthood – from the beginning to feed your baby. About the beneficial properties of breast milk and can not speak, and the process of sucking greatly affects the emerging of the jaw system. Then the baby should be accustomed to dairy products. To six months the child should be fed and yogurt, then cottage cheese and cheese. Parents should remember that the main tab and the formation of a permanent tooth occurs up to 3 years. This means that your daily diet should always be calcium.
Professional hygiene of the oral cavity
This type of prevention involves periodic visits to the dentist and the hygienist. The first visit must occur on the first day of birth. The specialist will not only advise on the care, but also make the diet, will examine the mouth. When the first teeth erupt at a reception at the hygienist for you and your child will show you how to properly brush your teeth. If you have this problem, as dental calculus in children, without professional hygienic cleaning is not enough. It is important for parents to make it a rule to visit the doctor twice a year. And if there are problems with the teeth, or even more often – every three months. This is largely due to the fact that as a child too quickly developed different disease. Meanwhile, early diagnosis will lead to quick, painless and relatively inexpensive treatment of dental caries.