Human skin performs many functions. In addition to the protective functions, it also participates in metabolic processes. Therefore, by its color and characteristics, it is possible to judge the health of a person. During a conversation with friends, we often look to the interlocutor in eyes. They can tell a lot about a person. At the present time you can often meet people with dark circles under the eyes, it is a phenomenon which is suffering for female, men and even children. Dark circles appear suddenly and the condition is temporary or permanent.
Causes of Dark Circles Under Eyes
The skin around the eyes is very thin, sensitive and delicate. The collagen fibers in the mesh are located, and this contributes to its high stretchability. This section of the face due to facial activity is constantly in motion and prone to swelling. Immediately under the skin are blood vessels, which are translucent due to the small thickness of the skin and accumulation in them of blood with insufficient amount of oxygen.
As a result, under the eyes appear dark circles. This effect is amplified by the fact that the eye is located in the region of the orbital cavities and the manifestation of such shadow increases.
For getting rid of dark circles under eyes you need to find out the cause of their appearance, because their elimination depends on this.
Each person needs to sleep 7-8 hours a day. From lack of sleep complexion is pale and the blood vessels on the background of this contrast more visible.
To remove those dark circles you need to restore the normal sleep mode and to use simple folk recipes:
- raw potatoes: the peeled tuber RUB on a small grater, and 2 teaspoons of potato pulp mix with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil on the area of the lower eyelid apply the resulting mixture in 20-25 minutes, rinse with brewed green tea;
- beauty ice: 1 teaspoon of green tea or 1 tablespoon of one of the herbs (sage, chamomile, cornflower, dill or parsley) pour 200 ml of boiling water and infuse for half an hour, the infusion pour into molds for ice and freeze, with a piece of ice to RUB the skin around the eyes after normal cleansing morning and evening.
Permanent eye strain, stress and chronic fatigue
Intense pace of life, stress and constant fatigue of the eyes (for example, while working at the computer) leads to the formation of dark circles under eyes due to stagnation of blood in the capillaries. To eliminate them you need to normalize your schedule, take a walk in the fresh air and, if necessary, to take sedative drugs or herbs.
For the rapid elimination of dark circles under the eyes, fit these popular recipes:
- Mask of fresh cucumber and parsley, cucumber RUB on a small grater, a few sprigs of parsley finely chop, mix all the ingredients with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, the resulting mixture is applied on the under eye area for 10-15 minutes, rinse with warm water;
- Compresses with boiled milk: warm milk to moisten cotton pads and apply to the eyes for 15 minutes, wash with warm water.
Smoking and Alcohol
Substances in tobacco smoke and alcohol contribute to chronic intoxication and act destructively on all fabrics. The drinkers and smokers skin ages faster and is more susceptible to inflammation and swelling.
Time to get rid of dark circles under the eyes caused by constant intoxication, it becomes impossible. Only quitting Smoking and frequent alcohol consumption can restore the beauty of the skin and eyes.
Frequent consumption of fried, smoked, spicy and salty foods, tea late, lack of vitamins and minerals – all this adversely affects the overall health and appearance of skin. Toxins accumulating in the blood and tissues of the body, can be causes of dark circles under the eyes.
To get rid of these external manifestations of malnutrition may by reviewing daily menus and complete missing in the body of trace elements and minerals. For this you may need to consult a doctor or nutritionist.
Improper care or poor-quality cosmetics
The skin under the eyes is very sensitive and responds quickly to aggressive external impacts that may be caused by hot water, the stretching of the skin while washing your face or applying the cream, etc. the same the negative impact it can have low-quality cosmetic products for the care or makeup. The components included in composition of such products can cause allergic reactions and accumulate in the skin around the eyes.
To prevent the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, caused by such reasons, you must observe the following rules:
- do not forget about mandatory cleansing of the skin after make-up;
- to apply to the skin under the eyes only those creams and gels that are intended for the face area;
- choose cream, decorative eye cosmetics or concealers only from well-known manufacturers;
- when cleansing and applying not to stretch the skin, creams and gels around the eyes apply gentle Pat ring fingers in the direction of massage lines;
- not to forget about your daily facial massage.
To eliminate these under eye circles it is necessary to reconsider the correctness of the care of the skin of this face and use the services of a beautician. In case of impossibility of visiting a beauty salon can carry out a lymphatic drainage facial massage at home. Be sure to check the way it is run properly! Remember that when you massage in the lower eyelid light tapping movements of the fingertips should be pointing in the direction from the temple to the nose. After the massage, you can use a quality cream for the eye area that you want to choose by age, or recipes of traditional medicine, which have been described above.
Chronic disease – the cause of dark circles under eyes
Dark circles under the eyes can be a symptom of any disease of internal organs:
- kidney these shadows under the eyes often accompanied by edema, in some cases, kidney disease can be occult and identified only after a detailed examination;
- liver and gall bladder: such circles under the eyes are yellowish, the patient feels bitter taste in the mouth, discomfort and pain in the right hypochondrium;
- pancreas: concomitant symptom may be pain in the left hypochondrium, diarrhea and constipation, nausea or vomiting;
- helminth infections: the presence of worms, the patient feels a irritability, fatigue, abdominal pain, flatulence and problems with the chair;
- endocrine disorders: thyroid disease and diabetes insipidus can lead to hormonal disorders, which may be accompanied by dark circles under the eyes and various other symptoms (thirst, frequent change of mood, etc.);
- cardiovascular disease: these shadows under eyes have a bluish tint and are caused by blood circulation;
- anemia: dark circles under the eyes are caused by an insufficient amount of oxygen in the blood by reducing the amount of hemoglobin and iron in the body accompanied by fatigue, frequent dizziness, headaches.
Dark circles under eyes may occur in some infectious inflammatory processes (for example, sinusitis), headaches, diseases of the upper teeth and other diseases. To identify the true cause of their appearance is possible only after consulting a doctor and conduct recommended him examination. After the diagnosis is necessary treatment of the underlying disease, getting rid of which will help to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
Heredity and Age
Some people have dark circles under the eyes are usually present from birth and their appearance is due to hereditary reasons (close relatives are present too). Such shadows are formed due to excessively close arrangement of blood vessels under the eyelid skin and to achieve their elimination usual home remedies impossible.
In such cases, for getting rid of dark circles under the eyes can be a variety of salon treatments:
- lymphatic drainage;
- laser treatment etc.
Natural aging also causes the appearance of more pronounced dark circles under the eyes. With age the subcutaneous fat layer and the thin skin under the eyes thins and blood vessels become more visible. To help in such situations salon treatments and proper skin care.
Dark Circles Under Eyes in Children
Special attention should be paid to the appearance of dark circles under the eyes in children. If they are not caused by hereditary predisposition, their appearance always indicates some kind of disease.
Most often dark circles appear in children with infectious diseases and helminthiasis, but this symptom may indicate a more serious systemic diseases (cardiovascular system, digestive system, kidneys or endocrine glands). A visit to the doctor and a detailed survey will help to identify the true cause of dark circles and time to begin treatment of the underlying disease.
To eliminate dark circles under eyes the cosmetic industry generated a lot of money. Usually in the composition of such products include substances that can improve blood circulation and lymph flow. These include: brown seaweed extract, nettles, horse chestnut, Gotu Kola, ruskus, Pontian butcher’s broom, calendula, medicinal leeches, vitamins K and A.
In recent years, the market of cosmetic products to combat dark circles around the eyes appeared innovations like:
- MDI Complex: in its composition to contain shark cartilage, which contain marine glycosaminoglycans and contribute to the suppression of the activity of metalloproteinases (substances that Deplete collagen and elastin);
- Drugs TÊTе Cosmeceutical: they are composed of a complex of the Oligopeptide and the yeast protein Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, which is able to penetrate deeply into the skin to speed up metabolism, enrich the tissues with oxygen, to reduce capillary permeability and to promote normalization of microcirculation and lymphatic drainage;
- Ridulisse C: the composition of this solution consists of active molecules from fractions of soy beans, which help to seal, restore, brighten and protect the skin in the periorbital region by increasing the metabolism of PicoBlaze.
Remember that dark circles under the eyes don’t always point to the wrong way of life and can be symptoms of serious diseases! If normalization of sleep, nutrition and labour, the rejection of bad habits and the application of cosmetics and folk remedies do not eliminate these unpleasant symptoms, you must consult a doctor and determine the cause of their appearance. In such cases only treatment of the underlying disease will help you to get rid of dark circles under the eyes and will bring you health and beauty.
To what doctor to address
The appearance of dark circles under eyes you should consult a therapist to exclude diseases of the internal organs. If a person somatically healthy, to get rid of this symptom will help him beautician, dermatologist. If you find that the dark circles are a manifestation of the disease, will require consultation by specialists: nephrologist, hepatologist, infectious disease specialist, gastroenterologist, dentist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, ophthalmologist, ENT-doctor and others.