Flatulence – this is an excessive accumulation of gas in the intestine, manifested by abdominal distention, feeling of discomfort in the abdominal cavity and belching. As in the intestine appears gas – firstly, it is isolated bacteria for the fermentation of food, and secondly, the air can zaputyvaetsja while eating or talking (he usually goes with belching).
Flatulence is not heavy or dangerous disease, however, often causes embarrassment and discomfort.
Causes of flatulence
– poor diet (foods rich not digestible carbohydrates, such carbohydrates are fermented by bacteria in the gut),
– the consumption of carbonated beverages
– rapid ingestion of food and drink big gulps,
the conversation during the meal,
– deformation of the palate, teeth and nose,
– intolerance of certain foods (for example, lactase deficiency is the inability to digest the milk sugar lactose)
– frequent constipation (slow the progress of food through the intestines, increase the likelihood of fermentation and retain the gases produced).
Symptoms of flatulence
– pain and discomfort in the abdominal cavity.
Treatment of flatulence
Try to limit consumption of products that cause flatulence. These include:
– cabbage (broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts), onions, artichokes,
– pears, apples and peaches,
– whole grain products, wheat, bran,
– soft drinks and fruit drinks,
– milk and milk products such as ice cream, cheese,
products containing lactose, such as bread, cereals.
Drink lots of water, broth, do not drink soda, beer and soda (they enhance the fermentation processes in the intestine). Try to release gases from drinks, for example, pouring from a bottle into a glass.
Eating must slowly and thoroughly chew pieces of food. This will reduce the amount of swallowed air.
Refrain from chewing gum, hard candy, and Smoking.
A visit to the dentist (especially if you have false teeth) in order to check the condition of the oral cavity.
You can take medicines that treat flatulence (simethicone, activated charcoal).
Contact your doctor if you suffer from constant bloating (or acute attacks), accompanied by abdominal pain and weight loss.
Treatment of flatulence in clinic
A doctor can determine the cause of flatulence and to exclude from the list of possible diagnoses more serious diseases (e.g. diseases of the gallbladder). You prescribe adequate treatment in accordance with the etiology of the disease and symptomatic therapy. Sometimes requires the appointment of laxatives and drugs that improve intestinal motility.