Ibuprofen has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic action due to inhibition of biosynthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting the enzyme cyclooxygenase.
After ingestion Ibuprofen is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum concentration of plasma occur in 1-2 h after administration, in the synovial fluid after 3 h after administration. Metabolized in the liver. The half-life of about 2 hours Excreted by the kidneys in unchanged form and in the form of conjugates.
- rheumatoid arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- traumatic inflammation of soft tissue and musculoskeletal system;
- adnexitis (in the complex therapy);
- proctitis (in the complex therapy);
- diseases of ENT-organs (in the complex therapy);
- headache (as adjuvant);
- tooth ache (as subsidiary means).
- With rheumatoid arthritis is prescribed at 800 mg 3 times/day.
- Osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylitis use Ibuprofen 400-600 mg 3-4 times/day.
- In juvenile rheumatoid arthritis the drug is administered in a dose of 30-40 mg/kg body weight/day.
- With soft tissue injuries, sprains the drug is prescribed for 600 mg 2-3 times/day.
- In case of pain syndrome of moderate intensity prescribed 400 mg 3 times/day. The maximum daily dose of 2.4 g.
Opportunity: nausea, anorexia, flatulence, constipation, heartburn, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, agitation, insomnia, allergic reactions such as skin rash, blurred vision. Cases of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Rare: bleeding from the digestive tract, aseptic meningitis, bronchospasm.
- ulcerative shock syndrome in acute phase;
- violation of hematopoiesis;
- ulcerative colitis;
- diseases of the optic nerve;
- pronounced renal dysfunction and/or liver;
- children under 6 years of age;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Ibuprofen during Pregnancy
During pregnancy, the drug should be used only as directed by your doctor.
Interaction of Ibuprofen with other medicines:
While the appointment of Ibuprofen may cause a decrease diuretic effect of furosemide.
The joint use of Ibuprofen increases the effects of diphenylhydantoin, anticoagulants cumarin series of oral hypoglycemic drugs.
Overdose of Ibuprofen:
If you overdose on ibuprofen possible these symptoms: abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, drowsiness, depression, headache, tinnitus, metabolic acidosis, coma, acute renal failure, hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, fibrillation, and respiratory arrest.
Treatment: gastric lavage (only during the first hour after ingestion), activated charcoal (to reduce absorption), the alkaline drink, forced diuresis and symptomatic therapy (correction of acid-base balance, blood pressure, gastrointestinal bleeding).
100 coated tablets in 200 mg.
Store in a dry, protected from light place.
Advil, APO-Ibuprofen, Barthel dragz ibuprofen, Bonifer, Bren, Brufen, Buran, the first days without, Ibuprin, Ibuprof, Ibuprofen Lannacher, Ibuprofen Nycomed, Ibuprofen-Teva, Busan, Ipren, Marcofen, MIG 200, Motrin, Nurofen, Proven, Reumafen
1 tablet contains 200 mg of ibuprofen.
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatories
Active substance: Ibuprofen
With caution is prescribed to patients with impaired liver, kidney, cardiovascular system, with the history of peptic ulcer and/or duodenal ulcer, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract. In comparison with other NSAIDs, Ibuprofen has the least ulcerogenic action on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.