Many who had to travel by air, sea, road and other transport, at least once in life experienced during the trip symptoms of motion sickness: nausea, dizziness, headache, malaise, increased salivation, vomiting, drowsiness. To deal with this condition or prevent it from occurring each trying in their own way. But not always, these attempts are successful. This is due to the fact that the simple and universal methods of treatment and prevention of motion sickness currently simply does not exist.
Each case requires an individual approach. Sometimes motion sickness, especially its severe forms, is a manifestation of a latent disease. Therefore, people experiencing transport motion sickness, should undergo a medical examination in a specialized facility.
Motion Sickness (Kinetosis) in Transport – What Is It?
Kinetosis can be an independent syndrome resulting from motion sickness, but it could be a symptom of serious diseases. So do not neglect visits to the doctor – only a pediatrician or neurologist will be able to understand whether the baby is prone to motion sickness or a manifestation of pathology of ENT-organs, nervous system, diseases of the stomach and intestines or heart problems. And you should not, of course, be guided by the principle of “age – grow” or “we, too, will be patient to help your child needs and it can be carried out effectively.
On assistance to the child in case of sickness we continue to talk more – but, still before applying all of the above our ways and medications, consult with your doctor – not all drugs can be suitable to your kid!
It is believed that the sickness affects children aged from 2 to 11-12 years old, and with age the problem goes away. Although, according to the world statistics – the sickness in one way or another subject to 70% of the population, but somehow the problem is not neglected and carried out active measures of assistance. The tendency to motion sickness inherited and girls suffer twice as often than boys.
Also – all depends on the type of transport – someone tolerates the swings and roundabouts, but he was horribly sick in the car, other kids can make long trips in the car, but they will get sick on the ship or bus. But there is a category of children that kinetosis can overtake even when riding in a child’s rocking chair!
Motion Sickness – What Is It?
Get Motion Sickness (Kinetosis) In The Car – Treatment
To reduce the likelihood of vehicle motion sickness and reduce the severity of its manifestations, you can use the following guidelines:
- On the Eve of the trip to relax. If you have insomnia, before bedtime better take a sedative or sleeping pill.
- On the Eve and the day trips should avoid drinking alcohol, as well as possible to curb Smoking. In addition, you should avoid applying perfume and other “smelling” perfumes.
- Overeating and travel on an empty stomach aggravate the symptoms of motion sickness. On the day of travel avoid drinking whole milk, as well as highly carbonated beverages. Preferable drinks with slight sour taste. Food should be easy to digest, high in calories, not causing, stomach irritation and bloating. Eating better for 1.5 — 2 hours before you travel. In the long repeated trips meals, if possible, carry out small portions at intervals of 4 — 5 hours.
- During a trip to overland transport is better placed to face forwards during the movement. We should not turn his head and look around for the flashing of the environment. Preferably be located in the front seat and look ahead. Sometimes it’s better to close eyes to take a comfortable position, throwing a chair as before. Children are easier to tolerate a trip in the supine position with a slightly thrown back his head. As a rule, children exposed to motion sickness, take the most sparing themselves pose. Better if the child falls asleep on the road.
- It is Important to avoid overheating in the road and hypothermia. The interior temperature should be comfortable. The development of motion sickness slows down and takes a milder form, apart from the environment and to engage in any interesting, exciting affair, concentrating fully on it. Favored by passengers acting audition easy rhythmic music.
- Should take into account the fact that after the aircraft flight, even if flight Express motion sickness was not observed during the subsequent trip from the airport by ground transportation possible deterioration of health. And the rapid fluctuations of speed, sharp turns and frequent significantly increase the risk of sickness, accelerate its development and severity of symptoms. This fact must be considered when choosing a vehicle, and in determining the route, to consider them when planning your trip.
Prevention of Kinetosis (Nausea) in Transport
One of the methods of prevention of motion sickness is the intake of pharmacological agents. The choice of drugs depends on the severity of symptoms and the clinical form of motion sickness, duration of trip, individual sensitivity and tolerance of a pharmaceutical formulation. It is important to note that in the process of applying even the most well-known, widely advertised pharmacological agents, it is necessary to monitor the performance of cardiac activity and blood pressure, especially in individuals who are prone to Hypo— and hypertensive reactions. Therefore, the choice of preventive and therapeutic agents appropriate to consult with experts who will conduct a special test and pick up the individual, the most efficient transport scheme prevention of motion sickness.