The most common cause of sore throat is pharyngitis inflammation of the posterior pharyngeal wall. Sometimes there is chronic pharyngitis when this disease will be repeated and unpleasant feeling in the throat persists for a long time.
One of the causes of sore throat can be sore throat (tonsillitis). Tonsillitis occurs when the inflammation and swelling of the tonsils. The tonsils are on the sides at the entrance to the throat. Tonsillitis more often in children than in adults. In some cases, angina happens several times a year for several years. In such cases we speak of chronic tonsillitis. Acute tonsillitis lasts from 4 to 6 days.
Laryngitis voice often becomes hoarse or husky, and sometimes even disappear for a while. This is due to the fact that the vocal cords do not receive enough air. Crackling is not a disease, just a sign that the function of the vocal cords is impaired.
Causes of pain in the throat
- bacterial infection of the throat (strep throat);
- viral infection (pharyngitis);
- allergic reactions;
- irritation (e.g. cigarette smoke);
- low degree of moisture;
- air dry.
During viral infection of the throat usually develops a dry cough (or with a small amount of light phlegm) may be a fever, runny nose, hoarseness.
When bacterial infections are increased submandibular lymph nodes (the glands on either side of the chin), temperature above 38°C.
If you have a sore throat, fever, it is recommended to consult a doctor. Definitely need to call the doctor if the throat is very sore and the temperature does not subside after two days of self-medication, you very difficult to swallow or painful to open your mouth, if the skin rash. If the sore throat is not pronounced, but it does not pass during the week, you should also consult a doctor.
- purulent tonsillitis;
- rheumatic heart disease;
- kidney disease.
Self-treatment (Home remedies) for Sore Throat
- It is recommended to speak less.
- Quit smoking if you smoke.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids, preferably 8 to 10 glasses (water, juice, tea). A warm drink soothes the back wall of the throat.
- Rinse the throat with special solutions or warm salted water.
- Suck anti-bacterial lozenges and cough drops to ease my throat.
- Take an analgesic.
- Possible rest during illness. This will help your body gain strength and fight off infection.
Hospital treatment of Sore Throat
The physician must make the diagnosis and to exclude other serious diseases; prescribe antibiotics to treat bacterial infections; to treat the complications.