Conception of a child

What is the best age to conceive a child


What is the best age to conceive a child

If you decide to postpone having children for longer than a later date, you will certainly want to find out how much you will need time to get pregnant after 30, and after 40 years.

More and more women are marrying and having children at an older age than their mothers and grandmothers. According to statistics, since the 1980’s in Western countries the number of women who give birth after age 30 increases, and up to 30 years – is reduced. This trend in recent years, more clearly seen in our country.

Modern young couples need to get an education, make a career, to secure a stable financial position for these reasons, many postpone the birth of a child “for later”. Many youth are unable to find a partner with whom they would like to create a family, and some just don’t feel ready to become parents.

In addition, this situation is due in large measure with the advent of affordable and effective methods of contraception. Couples may choose to postpone having children until a more Mature age and plan the number of children in the family.

Woman’s Age and fertility

Woman's Age and fertilityPostponing the birth of a child, career or financial reasons, you may encounter problems because fertility in women decreases with age.

How long does it take to get pregnant?

Experts believe that in 35 years the woman has two times less likely to become pregnant than 25, and 40 – in two times less than 35. This means that at the age of about 40 years you will need much more time to get pregnant, and you may have problems conceiving. In 92% of couples get pregnant within two years, if they are not protected and regularly have sex. “Regularly” means every two to three days throughout the cycle. Regular sex increases the chances of conceiving. Remain 8% of couples who can not conceive within two years. If you’re over 35, during the third year, your chances of getting pregnant are saved, but in subsequent years they sharply reduced: 6% of women aged 35 years and 23% at the age of 38 years can not conceive for three years or more with a regular sex life. Statistics say that it is better to consult a specialist if you are over 35 and you have repeatedly failed to conceive a child. Usually recommend to try to get pregnant on their own for years, but if you are over 35 years old and you don’t get pregnant, get help before it expires a year of trying.

Why is the ability to have children is sharply reduced?

Why is the ability to have children is sharply reducedWith age in women is manifested by a number of factors that may complicate the pregnancy. In addition, older than we, so we have more health problems in General: acute chronic disease, there are new, and all this affects the reproductive capabilities. Over time changing the following factors that affect the ability to conceive:
Ovarian reserve – the so-called number of functional follicles in the ovary. With age, the number of follicles decreases. During early menopause, this process is accelerated.
Menstrual cycle – as a woman approaches menopause, her cycle becomes irregular and shorter.
The mucosa of the uterus – lining becomes thinner, and as a result, the fertilized egg is more difficult to attach to the uterine wall.
Discharge vaginal discharge may become more dense and less favorable for the movement of sperm.
Diseases that affect the reproductive system – some diseases over time or due to the lack of timely treatment affect the reproductive organs, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovaries (PCA) and chlamydia.
Chronic diseases – many of them have a negative impact on fertility.
Problems with weight – excess weight may complicate pregnancy.