Every person in life drinking alcohol, but not everyone becomes an alcoholic! The main difference between a healthy person from an alcoholic is the presence of alcohol according to:
- 1 stage of alcoholism – psychological dependence on alcohol;
- 2 stage of alcoholism – physical dependence on alcohol.
Signs and symptoms of alcoholism
- Drinking alone. People cease to look for a company to drink, and can take any amount of alcohol alone.
- Clearly feel the desire to drink. Intake of alcohol does not depend on situations, events or existence of the company and is determined only by the need to take alcohol.
- Drinking secret from friends and family. Frequent trips “to the country”, “picnic”, the emergence in the pockets of a large quantity of candy, chewing gum and money, repelling smell of alcohol.
- Alcohol “stash”. Hidden in secret places started bottles of alcohol, alcohol in unusual containers – plastic bottles, carafes or jugs.
- Lack of control the amount of alcohol consumed. A Man takes alcohol as long as it is able to do that is actually to poisoning. Lost a sense of proportion and ability to refrain from the next shot glass.
- Blackouts while drinking. After sobering up, the person may not remember of the events that occurred while drinking alcohol.
- Emergence of the rituals of drinking. Drinking alcohol before or after work, while watching TV, “for the appetite”. People annoyed if the ritual fails to follow, or someone releases about them comments.
- Loss of interest in favorite activities. People forget about a long-term hobby, ceases to care for Pets, to communicate with relatives, refuses to travel and travel.
- Aggression towards the close. Alcohol Intake provokes quarrels, family scandals and aggressive actions towards friends and family
External and Social signs of alcoholism:
- stay in social Nigredo (low level of social welfare because of lack of desire or ability to earn money with their work);
- have binge periods, haphazard consumption of alcohol for more than one calendar day);
- increased threshold for alcoholic rejection, the absence of vomiting when taking large doses of alcohol;
- increase in tolerance to ethyl alcohol;
- presence of withdrawal symptoms (i.e., hangover);
- presence of external abnormalities, characterized by complex aging of the skin, increasing the amount of veins and small bruises due to microreserves capillaries.
Those who are exposed to alcoholism in the most advanced stages, almost out of the state of intoxication, totally losing social value and an attitude. It hardened alcoholics becomes incoherent and obscure due to damage to the nervous tissue at the cellular level and disturbed motility of the muscles. Very often alcoholism leads to the development of cancer of the digestive tract, cirrhosis or liver cancer and cardiovascular diseases often leading to death).