The study of blood from the finger is the most common method of laboratory diagnostics of a condition of the human body.
This method is used if the research necessary to obtain a small amount of blood. Usually doctors prescribe to patients, clinical analysis of blood from the finger. Consider how to take a blood test from your fingertip and you can see it as a result of this research.
How to do a blood test from your finger?
Method of the study of capillary blood is quite simple and informative. But in order to obtain reliable results, you need to follow some rules. The erroneous results of the research are sometimes the cause of incorrect diagnosis.
The blood from the finger for analysis must be done in the morning on an empty stomach. From your last meal should be at least 8-9 hours. Immediately prior to donating blood you can drink only a small amount of still water.
If you need to take a blood test from your fingertip, it is necessary for the day to abandon the use of alcoholic beverages. In addition, on the eve of analysis is not necessary to visit the sauna, steam room, to overload the body excessive physical training.
If the patient is taking any medications, it needs to warn the prescriber for a direction to the study. Some medicines can affect the results of the analysis.
Many experts do not recommend immediately before the blood on the study grind fingers. They argue that such an action can cause an increase in leukocytes in the blood, which will distort the results of the analysis.
Decrypt the General analysis of blood from the finger
General, or the clinical analysis of a blood from a finger hold not only for diagnostic purposes, but also as a preventive measure.
The timely conduct of the study enables the doctor to identify the disease at an early stage and prevent many potential problems.
Indicators General analysis of blood from the finger
1. Hemoglobin (Hb) – the pigment of red blood cells, which transports oxygen from the lungs to the organs and tissues and carbon dioxide back. Its norm is 120-140 g/l in women and 130-160 g/l in men. The decrease in the content of hemoglobin in the blood indicates the development of anemia. This increase happens when the dehydration, congenital heart disease, intestinal obstruction.
2. Red blood cells (RBC) – the red corpuscles of the blood that are involved in the transportation of oxygen, support reactions of biological oxidation. The rate of erythrocytes in the blood of women – 3,7-4,7 g/l, men – 4,0-5,0 g/l decrease in the level of red blood cells is anemia, blood loss, overhydration. The high content of red blood cells may indicate the development of tumors, kidney disease, syndrome and Cushing’s disease. A slight increase in the concentration of red blood cells is in diarrhea, burns, administration of diuretics.
3. The color indicator (CPU) is the relative concentration of hemoglobin in erythrocytes. For women and men, the norm of this indicator is 0,85-1,15%. Reducing the CPU may be a sign of anemia. The increase happens when polyposis and cancer of the stomach, deficiency of folic acid in the body.
4. Reticulocytes – the young, the immature forms of red blood cells that are produced by the bone marrow. According to the interpretation of blood from the finger, normally the content of reticulocytes is 0.2 to 1.2%. The decrease of this indicator in pathological conditions, kidney failure, aplastic anemia, folic acid deficiency anemia. Increasing the concentration of reticulocytes happens when blood loss, and iron deficiency hemolytic anemia.
5. Platelets (PLT) – plates of blood, which are formed from cells of the bone marrow. They are responsible for the clotting of blood. The normal concentration of platelets in the blood 180-320×109/ L. very Low concentration of platelets accompanies diseases such as thrombocytopenic purpura, hemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia, systemic lupus erythematosus, hemolytic disease. This increase can be in the development of inflammatory processes, myeloid leukemia, polycythemia, rheumatoid arthritis, tuberculosis.
6. The erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) is the index indicating the content of proteins in plasma. In decoding of blood from the finger norm ESR of men – not more than 15 mm/h in women – not more than 20 mm/h. Low ESR can be a sign of erythremia chronic insufficiency of blood circulation, improve the level of bile acids, hyperbilirubinemia. Elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate observed in inflammatory, infectious processes in the body, the pathologies of the liver, kidneys, endocrine system toxicity, cancer, autoimmune disorders.
7. Leukocytes (WBC) – white corpuscles of the blood, which provide the body’s immune defenses against bacterial, viral, parasitic infections, eliminate dying cells of the body. The norm of leukocytes in the clinical analysis of a blood from a finger is 4,0-9,0×109/ L. the low white blood cell counts (leukopenia) happens when the bone marrow hypoplasia, viral diseases, typhoid fever, collagen diseases, cancer with metastasis to the bone marrow, leukemia, systemic lupus erythematosus, viral hepatitis, rubella. Increased levels of leukocytes (leukocytosis) is common in patients suffering from acute inflammation, suppurative diseases (sepsis, meningitis, otitis media, erysipelas, pneumonia, bronchitis, pancreatitis.
8. Lymphocytes – type cells, which are the main actors of the immune defense of the organism. The normal content of lymphocytes in the blood is 1.0 to 4.5×109/ L. the Decrease in the level of lymphocytes is observed in myocardial infarction, lymphoma, autoimmune diseases, HIV infection, pneumonia, sepsis. Elevated lymphocytes indicate a viral infection (influenza, adenovirus), tuberculosis, hyperthyroidism, leukemia.
9. Granulocyte – granular leukocytes that respond to infectious and allergic processes in the body. Transcript of blood from the finger points at the rate of granulocyte – 1,2-6,7×109/ l granulocytes in the blood is reduced with aplastic anemia, systemic lupus erythematosus, tuberculosis, scarlet fever, pemphigus, sarcoidosis, acute rheumatism. Increased concentrations of this type of leukocytes is in inflammatory processes in the body, allergies, ulcerative colitis, myxedema, chickenpox, Hodgkin’s disease.
10. Monocytes – immature blood cells, which, falling into the tissues and become macrophages. Macrophages engulf pathogens, alien particles, dead cells of the body. The norm of monocytes in the blood is 0.1 to 0.6×109/ L. the Low content of monocytes in General, the analysis of a blood from a finger happens when dysfunction and bone marrow failure, hairy cell leukemia, radiation sickness. The increase in the content of monocytes in the blood (monocytosis) may be a symptom of leukemia, subacute endocarditis, tuberculosis, sepsis, lymphoma, brucellosis, malaria, syphilis, mononucleosis, toxoplasmosis.