High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the amount of force exerted against the walls of the arteries as blood flows through them.
Blood pressure is the measure of the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood out to the body and contributes to hardening of the arteries, or atherosclerosis, to stroke, kidney disease, and to the development of heart failure
If a person has high blood pressure it means that the walls of the arteries are receiving too much pressure repeatedly – the pressure needs to be chronically elevated for a diagnosis of hypertension to be confirmed.
Blood Pressure 150/90
Blood pressure 150 over 90 in medical terminology it is known as borderline hypertension, because for some people it is normal, and for most is the first symptom of the onset of the disease. Age-related changes in the body usually lead to further development of this state — a steady increase in pressure, and there is a risk of certain cardiovascular diseases.
In identifying these indicators, people must constantly monitor what you need to always have at hand a tonometer. Take any drugs until they don’t establish why this is happening, can you determine what provokes the disease is a condition and not the final diagnosis, it is not necessary.
Such phenomena are usually associated with increased cardiac output, or vascular tone of blood vessels, the main instrument of regulation which are the kidneys.
Major groups of disease
Hypertension is divided into two large groups:
- hypertension essential origin, which until recently called hypertension, or hypertensive disease pathology, which is based on actually high blood pressure (disorders of the cardiovascular system). In the formation of this disease do not participate disease of other organs – kidneys, heart abnormalities, immune system, etc.
- Symptomatic hypertension secondary origin – the condition caused by certain systemic diseases. Pathology systems, disorders of the organs connected with the regulation of the pressure involved in the formation of blood flow, the vascular system is the most common cause of this condition (in women, the increased pressure can be caused by pregnancy).
Secondary hypertension can be triggered by:
- renal pathology (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis) renal hypertension;
- disorders of the Central nervous system (brain damage) Central pressure;
- pathology hemodynamic system (diseases or disorders of the aortic heart valve or the disorders of the aorta) – hemodynamic hypertension;
- lesions of the pulmonary system (chronic lung disease) – pulmonary hypertension;
- disorders of the endocrine system (pathology of adrenal or thyroid disease) – endocrine hypertension.
Regardless of the reason causing symptomatic secondary hypertension, the main postulate is that its treatment is the treatment of pathologies that are provoked.
Important: the treatment of symptomatic hypertension is an illness caused it.
In most cases secondary hypertension can be eliminated while improving (or weakening) of the underlying disease, after which the pressure is equalized to normal.
If the boundary condition there may be periods of increased pressure, which is often triggered by disorders of the respiratory process in sleep syndrome sleep apnea (or obstructive sleep apnea) or severe course of pregnancy in women. Often a blood pressure of 150/90 is found in neurotic pathology – neurosis, and spike readings.
Doctors also record a similar phenomenon in people taking a variety of drugs with similar side effects, overdose of drugs and abuse of alcohol, coffee, strong tea, and various stimulating substances.
Symptoms blood pressure 150/90
Moderately high blood pressure often may not manifest for a long time. People can not feel, not to ignore the almost imperceptible change in his status, believing it to be normal – no wonder the pressure boundary type is known as the silent killers.
However, doctors there were also cases when patients complained of the emergence of unpleasant and disturbing symptoms of blood pressure 150/90:
- a sudden headache;
- unexplained fatigue
- sleep problems (insomnia can change the periods of drowsiness, with nights of intermittent sleep);
- blurred vision.
Only way in such cases to know whether the raised blood pressure is regular monitoring – continuous measurement (doctors recommend keeping a record of pressure readings and situations in which it is raised).
In cases where borderline hypertension already diagnosed by a doctor, and the patient knows what to do when the indices increase, the pressure still need to measure to track how well was the chosen drug therapy, and selected medications.
Causes of arterial pressure 150/90
Pressure in borderline hypertension is a major factor due to which the doctors are unable to diagnose arterial hypertension. Despite the fact that medicine knows a lot of causes an increase in pressure, in 85% -90 % of cases, the exact cause of hypertension cannot be determined. In such situations, doctors diagnose essential hypertension.
Other causes that drive the increase in pressure to levels as border of nature, and exceeding them, doctors fix:
- obesity – established by research that each kg of excess weight adds to the pressure on 1единице, and excess weight on 20 kg is guaranteed by resistant hypertension;
- pathological diseases diseases of different organs;
- age – related changes with age, the arterial walls lose their elasticity their elasticity decreases, blood vessels constrict, impeding the free flow, and as a result, the pressure increases;
- heredity – exposure to arterial pathology;
- abuse of Smoking;
- floor – hypertension, especially borderline, exposed men, the obstacle of hypertension in women is the presence of estrogen, although in pregnancy, the possible pressure fluctuations;
- excessive consumption of fatty and salty foods, and alcohol abuse;
- the phenomenon of physical inactivity;
- congenital and acquired heart defects.
- highest percentage of adrenaline in the blood;
- the abuse of hormone drugs;
- high-risk pregnancy.