High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the amount of force exerted against the walls of the arteries as blood flows through them.
Blood pressure is the measure of the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood out to the body and contributes to hardening of the arteries, or atherosclerosis, to stroke, kidney disease, and to the development of heart failure
If a person has high blood pressure it means that the walls of the arteries are receiving too much pressure repeatedly – the pressure needs to be chronically elevated for a diagnosis of hypertension to be confirmed.
Blood Pressure 160/100
Blood pressure 160 over 100 corresponds to the lower boundary of the stable phase of hypertension. It says on the generated hypertension (hypertension). Stable increase in blood pressure to 160/100 adverse effects on the heart, brain, kidneys and eyes of a person.
Cause blood pressure 160/100 may be a change in the weather, physical exercise, mental stress or feelings. However, in advanced stages of hypertension such pressure is the daily “norm” of high blood pressure.
Causes of BP 160 on 100 in men and women:
- Medium (stable) stage of hypertension;
- Stress (physical, psychological).
Symptoms and Signs Blood Pressure 160/100:
- Rapid heart rate (possible with painful sensations in the area of the thorax);
- Tinnitus and floaters eyes;
- Slight redness of the face;
- Red streaks of blood vessels in the eyeballs;
- Numbness of the fingers.
Danger of BP 160/100
- BP 160 on 100 men and women can become the basis for the development of hypertensive crisis. Under the crisis understand sudden and severe rise in blood pressure.
- Stable stage of hypertension is the cause of pathological changes in those organs in which there are small capillary vessels. The pressure increase is accompanied by a narrowing of the vascular lumen. In the most delicate vessels (capillaries) clearance may disappear altogether.
- Result is necrosis (necrosis) areas of the living tissues around the capillaries.
The Blood Pressure increased to 160/100: what to do?
Increased blood pressure to 160/100 is a pathology. Blood pressure 160 100 rarely goes away on its own. To reduce the need for special pharmaceuticals. Indicators 160/100 should be lowered to normal or slightly elevated numbers.
What to do if the pressure is 160 100? There are two areas of work with high blood pressure.
1. Reduce blood pressure quickly
In order to reduce blood pressure in the here and now – take drugs quick action. It is a vasodilator and diuretics. The their effect occurs within 15-30 minutes and lasts up to 12-24 hours.
Medications quick action can reduce pressure, prevent the rupture of blood vessels, but do not treat the cause of the disease. If the pressure rise does not exceed the rate of 160 mm, it is possible to do without a daily intake of lowering blood divinebreasts. It is better to apply the preparations with prolonged action, which treat the cause of the disease.
the Important: in stable stage of hypertension (160-180 mm) use minimal doses of drugs. Drugs to reduce pressure, use (or give to the patient) in the minimum recommended quantities.
2. Treat cause blood pressure
For the treatment of hypertension it is necessary to establish blood flow, restore blood flow, cleanse the blood vessels from cholesterol deposits. The effectiveness of drugs to restore the blood vessels is high, but the improvement occurs only after 1-2 months after start of treatment.
Conservative methods of treatment using fish oil, vitamin B6, medications with magnesium. It is also necessary to reduce weight and limit salt intake.
How to lower blood pressure 160/100?
If you have dramatically to high numbers increased the pressure and the condition worsened, must apply to tablets to lower blood pressure. List the drugs at a blood pressure of 160 to 100:
- Diuretics (Indapamide, Furosemide);
- Expand blood vessels (Andipal);
- Normalizing the functioning of the heart (Capoten);
- Calcium Antagonists (Nifedipine);
- Neurotropic (Clonidine);
- ACE Inhibitors (Benazepril).
Important: for the treatment and control of hypertension required continuous medication.
At blood pressures above 160 mm doctors do not recommend drinking reducing BP pills symptomatically (only with the appearance of disease symptoms). Doctors recommend daily use of medications.