Top high blood pressure and a reduced lower blood pressure, which is observed you for several days or weeks should be a cause examination the doctor.
Causes and Symptoms BP 160/60
- Top blood pressure is 160. It speaks about the emergency release of blood/contraction of the heart. It systolic pressure specialists pay special attention, because its increase could trigger a heart attack or stroke. Periodic or permanent increase in systolic blood pressure may indicate mechanical wear and tear of vessels and heart muscle, blockage of the veins, insufficient blood circulation and various heart diseases.
- Lower blood pressure is 60. Under normal top pressure (up to 130 units), this figure is diastolic pressure dangerous to life and health. But if the top number is greater than 140 units, the probability of the presence of serious diseases increases. In this situation, it is recommended to examine the kidneys (renal veins), thyroid and spine (for possible infringement of the vessels).
- Pulse BP (the difference between the top and bottom). 160-60=100 units. That’s pretty high. Pulse pressure reflects the speed of blood flow through the capillaries. Let’s imagine how this happens. Blood enriched with oxygen and nutrients, passes through the capillaries, passing the food to the cells. If its speed is too low (pulse pressure below 50), the cells are fed unevenly, and if too high (above 75 units), the cells do not get needed nutrients. We conclude: the high and low pulse pressure leads to oxygen starvation and malnutrition of tissues and organs.
Blood Pressure 160 over 60: what to do?
In high systolic and low diastolic pressure that you can feel noise in the ears, weakness, and “tingling” in the eyes, dizziness, and nausea.
You may experience bleeding from the nose. Please note that these symptoms may not be present.
Causes of Blood Pressure 160 60 can be:
- Pathology of the heart muscle;
- Circulatory Disorders, increased blood viscosity;
- Obstruction and (or) narrowing of vessels, their age wear;
- Kidney problems, endocrine disorders or infringement of vessels in the spine.
What to do? Your actions can be the following:
- Determine the reasons for the pressure 160/60. A doctor can prescribe clinical tests, ECG and other specialists.
- Begin the administration of specific drugs that will be prescribed by a doctor. It can be korinfar, capoten, clonidine + diuretics.
- Perform the General recommendations given below.
Recommendations for blood pressure 160 60
- If you feel unwell, the crisis put the patient horizontally with his head on the pillow, to secure his peace and to call a doctor.
- To eliminate or reduce the possible number of stressful situations where the pressure always increases. This also applies to viewing action movies and those who enjoy extreme sports, and other factors causing the release of adrenaline.
- Don’t overeat! Each meal increases the pressure. If you ate too big a portion — expect significant increase in BP.
- To abandon soft drinks, alcohol, drugs.
- To adhere to the regime of work, rest and nutrition.
- Be sure to walk in the fresh air and to perform gymnastics (with the doctor’s permission).
You can’t ignore the increase in blood pressure at any age. Remember, it is better to maintain your health constantly, to not have to think about it in critical situations. Be healthy!