High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. Blood pressure is the amount of force exerted against the walls of the arteries as blood flows through them.
Blood pressure is the measure of the force of blood pushing against blood vessel walls. The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. High blood pressure is dangerous because it makes the heart work harder to pump blood out to the body and contributes to hardening of the arteries, or atherosclerosis, to stroke, kidney disease, and to the development of heart failure
If a person has high blood pressure it means that the walls of the arteries are receiving too much pressure repeatedly – the pressure needs to be chronically elevated for a diagnosis of hypertension to be confirmed.
Blood Pressure 170/90
The result of the measurement of blood pressure 170 to 90, regardless of the age of the patient, requires mandatory consultation of a qualified physician and identify the true causes of this state of the person. Before visiting the doctor it is advisable not to use medicament, lowering blood pressure, because it is difficult to identify the true causes of the raise of blood pressure above normal.
A blood pressure of 170/90 is not dangerous to the health of the patient, but the symptoms can have a negative effect on the health of the person.
Usually BP 170/90 observed in patients:
- men over 55, women over the age of 60 years;
- with high levels of cholesterol in the blood;
- constantly Smoking people;
- people who are overweight;
- patients with diabetes;
- people with a sedentary lifestyle.
For high blood pressure it is important to follow the diet and lifestyle. With a blood pressure 170/90 you should reduce your salt intake (no more than 5 grams per day), fatty foods also should not be included in your diet. Water intake should be 1 liter per day and more.
To lower blood pressure 170 over 90 to normal values can be independently:
- products reduce blood pressure: raw beet, grapefruit, celery, olive oil, black mustard;
- diuretic drugs can be replaced: green tea with milk, ginger, turmeric;
- instead of Aspirin, which thins the blood, can be used: grapes, melon, cinnamon;
- prevent the formation of blood clots in the blood: garlic, chilli, onion.
For the prevention of high blood pressure useful contesty shower and breathing exercises: sitting in a comfortable position to breathe, a little delaying the exhale for the duration of gymnastics 10 – 15 minutes.