Eczema — a chronic inflammation of the superficial layers of the skin. This is a fairly common affliction, 30-40 percent of skin diseases accounted for eczema.
Causes of eczema
Among the reasons for the development of eczema is impossible to distinguish any one. It develops as a result of complex effects on the body neyroallergicheskoy, endocrine, metabolic and exogenous (external) factors. The main role is played:
- Hereditary predisposition to allergic reactions
- Immune disorders
- Endocrine (hormonal) disorder;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and tinea pedis;
- Proven a huge role in the occurrence of eczema plays a mental state of a person, i.e. the development of eczema is triggered by stress, trauma, etc. In a situation of nervous exhaustion already existing eczema exacerbated — man to the blood combing the affected skin.
- In children, eczema can occur on the background of exudative diathesis and atopic dermatitis since infancy;
- Professional factors — work in steel mills, chemical plants, pharmaceutical and food industries, can cause the development of professional eczema. And usually the reaction to any specific substances used in production, occurs not once, but develops over time, but then becomes quite stable.
Symptoms and treatment of eczema
Although outwardly eczema manifests itself very differently in the first half of the XIX century it was made into a separate disease because of its characteristic manifestations — many bubbles forming on the skin that merge and reveal, like bubbles of boiling water (Greek “akteo” — boil), and after opening formed the so-called serous “wells”. In the future, in the form of crusting or oozing inflammation. For all the manifestations of eczema characterized by the fact that the person experiences severe itching. Doctors distinguish the true, microbial, nursery, seborrheic eczema and professional.
- True eczema begins with erythema — redness of the skin, which does not have clear boundaries. Rash, usually symmetrical and can spread to the skin of the hands and feet, torso, etc.
- Microbial eczema develops as a result of any infection — for example, staphylococcal or streptococcal, especially in immunocompromised people with lower immunity. Its symptoms appear as distinct asymmetric flaky areas covered with crusts. Often microbial eczema occurs on the periphery of trophic leg ulcers, fistula, nonhealing wounds.
- Baby eczema usually begins with a rash on the face, scalp, whence it spreads to other parts of the body. Rashes can also be placed in the gluteal,inguinal-femoral folds.
- Seborrheic dermatitis occurs on skin areas rich in sebaceous glands — the face, scalp, ears, chest chest, between the shoulder blades. It is characterized by the presence of greasy yellowish scales.
- Professional eczema striking exposed skin (hands, forearms, neck and face), which are primarily exposed to chemical stimuli. Job change and termination of contact with harmful factors often leads to the disappearance of the rash.