Female alcoholism is psycho-drug the disease associated with abnormal predilection of women to alcoholic beverages and systematic use accompanying destruction of brain tissue and internal organs. It would seem, so what? All alcohol and anything terrible takes place. But it has its own peculiarities, which are associated with the female body and addiction to alcohol in General.
Cannot be considered a periodic alcohol consumption beverages containing alcohol. Threat can only be called the abuse of these substances, especially in large quantities.
Normally, the human body needs a certain amount of ethanol, which thanks to the proper organization of metabolism is produced daily. While the female body is not hurt up to 50 ml of alcohol, equivalent to 40-50% of the alcohol in which the liver neutralizes without consequences.
But if you simulate such a situation in which the blood will flow systematically ethanol, even in this quantity, some of it will cross the blood-brain barrier. It is bound to cause irritation of opioid receptors, which are responsible for formation of dependence on the substance. So the disease comes from afar, passing through the thin verge of norm and pathology.
With the development of addiction to alcohol increases his dose, regularly entering the body, which has a toxic effect on liver cells, heart, brain, nervous tissue and kidneys. Sooner or later it will lead to irreversible structural changes with the development of organ failure, which will further aggravate the toxic effects on the brain.
General regularities of the development of the disease in female and male body are no different. But there are some features that are made to highlight female alcoholism is a separate disease. It is characterized by its laws, affect the development, course, outcomes and treatment of the problem. These include:
- Relative psycho-emotional lability of women. This means that their higher nervous activity are arranged in the direction of dominance is not logical, and intuitive activities of the brain. In this regard, they are more emotional and more susceptible to the negative influence of stress factors;
- Increased sensitivity of liver tissue to the toxic effects of ethanol on the background of decreased abilities of enzyme systems for processing and disposal. This leads to prolonged action of small doses and severe destruction of the liver with transformation into cirrhosis;
- Fragile structure of neurons and interneuronal connections. This leads to disruption of nerve impulse transmission at the early stages of alcoholism in women;
- Slow the flow of blood to depo-bodies. They are liver and spleen. This is due to the relatively low activity of metabolic processes, hypotension (low blood pressure) and a large amount of venous vessels, which further contributes to damage of these organs;
- Weak structure of the blood brain barrier (the membrane that limits the brain from toxic substances). The result of this, the alcohol flows freely almost to vulnerable neurons;
- Reduced excretory function of the skin and kidneys, which slows down the excretion of metabolic products of ethanol;
- Fast absorption in the intestine;
- Incompatibility of the female sex hormones and decomposition products of alcohol.
Thus, there is a situation that the woman herself not noticing, very early begins to feel the need for alcohol. This very quickly causes a reduction of self-criticism, and any comments from loved ones about this, denied. Faster is damage to the brain, liver and other internal organs. In the end, everything is lightning fast translates into a severe form of alcohol dependence with persistent and multiple organ dysfunction.
Signs and Symptoms of Female Alcoholism
Hardly the woman herself who is drawn into this dangerous disease, will be able to identify its symptoms. The main responsibility lies with her family and friends. Especially if they are the right way of life. Of course, in the case of “associates” living according to the laws of alcohol dependence, to realize the disease will not be possible at all. Such people are really unfortunate as they lose all without realizing it. And when you think about it – it turns out that the time lost. Therefore, it is important to notice that female alcoholism is still in its infancy. Its symptoms include:
- A strong desire to drink alcohol, no matter what. Of cases of alcoholism start to look for any reason and an excuse to drink;
- Categorical rejection of the observations in their side for the abuse of alcohol;
- Increasing units of alcohol necessary to achieve intoxication, which was not before;
- Rejection of “bite” after of dose of drinks containing ethanol and loss of appetite in General;
- Loss of interest in the passion and values that had taken place before;
- Isolation of the person and communication with people suffering from alcohol addiction;
- Inappropriate behavior: rudeness, hysteria, obscene speech that were not previously observed;
- Reduction of self-criticism and intelligence;
- Irresponsible attitude to work and the use of all funds for the purchase of alcoholic beverages;
- Drinking alcohol alone;
- Cyanosis and puffiness of the face;
- Increase in stomach size due to the development of alcoholic cirrhosis;
- Fine tremor (tremor of the limbs.
These symptoms develop depending on the stage of the disease, gradually reinforced each other. Important in their progression belongs to the reduced excitability of the vomiting center of the brain. The harder the stage, the more inhibited gag reflex, which leads to the fact that women alcoholics with a comprehensive clinical picture will never have feelings of nausea and vomiting.
Stages of Female Alcoholism
The clinical course of female alcoholism there are three stages. Their designation is appropriate from the point of view of dependence and complications, and therapeutic interventions.
First stage. In pathogenetic relation, represented by the process of the emergence of alcohol addiction. This is a addictive opioid receptors to the products ethanol series. It is this process that lays the beginning of the formation of persistent psychological dependence and the transition process in the second stage. Clinically it is manifested an unusual desire of the woman to drink. Typically, this is motivated by poor health, problems in family and at work. Most importantly, it occurs more often than observed previously, indicating the failure of the brain to withstand pathological desire.
Second stage. Occurs when opioid receptors cause irritation of the brain in the absence of alcohol. This suggests that women already have a mental dependence on it. Structural changes of neurons in the brain and tissues of the internal organs are missing. Clinical manifestations in this stage can manifest in the form of a drunken form or of admission. For women more typical of the second type of the disease, which leads to rapid wilting of the female body and the transition process to the next stage.
Third stage. is Characterized by irreversible structural changes of opioid receptors in the brain and other organs. This leads to a persistent addiction to alcohol, the use of which becomes a way of life of the diseased women. In addition to psychological dependence develops organ dysfunction.
Consequences of Female Alcoholism
Given the fact that women’s alcoholism is characterized by a fulminant course, it very quickly leads to dire consequences. They either disrupt normal activities or cause damage to the internal organs, incompatible with life. These include:
- Polyneuropathy with impaired structure and function of all peripheral nerve;
- Toxic alcoholic encephalopathy when brain damage;
- Critical intellectual impairment and a mental disability;
- delirium tremens (delirium tremens);
- Toxic hepatitis with transformation into cirrhosis and portal hypertension with the development of ascites;
- Overdose and poisoning alcohol substitutes;
- Renal failure;
- Acute necrotizing pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis (pancreatic lesion);
- Syndrome of positional compression that occurs when women get drunk to such a state that they feel nothing and modify limb segments. There is poor circulation in them, which leads to gangrene and subsequent amputation.
- Increased risk of heart attacks and strokes.
How to Cure Female Alcoholism?
Successful getting rid of female alcoholism depends on the woman, who abuses alcoholic beverages. If a woman is not aware that she had strayed from the right path of life, yielding to evil influences, no effect of the most expensive methods of treatment can be expected.
Therefore, this man should be surrounded the right attention. A woman should feel that she is full and someone needs it. But not worth much to load it with all sorts of problems, especially with motivation to treatment. You can never push such a person. All the arguments and observations need to try to bring in the form of light. Patience is something you need to be close to people. The only way you can get people to come to understand your problem.
When this happens, you cannot lose a single day. A woman should be patient narcological hospital, where there shall be a comprehensive treatment:
- Specialized psychological and psychotherapeutic help.
- Detoxification therapy.
- Medication fact alcoholism – drugs that generate an aversion to alcohol (disulfiram).
- Suturing of alcoholism subcutaneous administration of drugs that block the opioid receptors in the brain (naltrexone). Depending on its dose and duration of drug action.
- Coding with the help of hypnosis and psychotherapy.
- Correction of the pathology of the internal organs.
A sequential implementation of each method of treatment depends on the stage of alcoholism and is to be strictly individual selection. Do not put off with it. After all, nothing in life happens for a reason.