Intimate hygiene — a sensitive topic, so I usually try not to touch her. However, this silence can lead to big trouble associated with women’s health.
Rules for women’s intimate hygiene
- For cleaning do not need to use soap, only warm water or special formulations for personal hygiene containing substances do not violate the acidity of the vaginal environment and create conditions for growth of lactobacilli. You need to wash your hands washed clean, at least twice a day.
- The Direction of the spray when cleaning and hand movements should be directed from front to back, so as not to put in the vagina infection of the anus (by the way, after departure of natural needs the movement of the toilet paper should be sent as well). Moisture after washing, do not wipe, and get wet not to accidentally scratch the delicate veils.
- Area around the anus should be washed ordinary soap because the gel for intimate hygiene is not required to provide this zone of disinfection.
- Towel should be clean, soft, and use it should only be his mistress.
- During menstruation should not take a bath, swim in the pool or ponds. It is better to avoid sexual contacts. Sanitary pads during menstruation should be changed at least four-five times a day.
- If you use vaginal tampons, remember to change the tampon is required every two hours. In most developed countries, doctors do not recommend to use tampons on a regular basis.
- It is Advisable not to continuously use daily sanitary pads, unless there is a specific reason. Daily highlight women in normal is so small that do not require the use of gaskets. If you are concerned about the increased vaginal discharge in between periods — it is better to consult a doctor / gynecologist.
- Douching (rinsing the vagina from the inside of the various solutions) should be done only in case if they are prescribed by a gynecologist. For regular hygiene, they not only need, but also can seriously damage the vaginal flora.
Why women need to observe good personal hygiene?
The fact that the “center” of the female reproductive system — uterus — normal needs to be sterile, in order that the developing fetus will not hurt bacteria or viruses.
The exit of the vagina is anatomically situated near the anus, it is therefore necessary to pay increased attention to the features of feminine hygiene to avoid infection in the internal reproductive organs of women. It is also necessary to avoid the creation of favorable conditions for multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms in the crotch area.
Especially vulnerable to infection becomes the uterus in this period, as menstruation, as during menstruation is no protective plug of mucus in the cervix.
In addition to the barrier of mucus in the cervix, close path micro-organisms bacteria that inhabit the vagina. The normal microflora of the body on the 90% of the lactic acid bacteria that produce lactic acid. An acidic vaginal environment inhibits most pathogenic bacteria. If for some reason the pH in the vagina becomes alkaline, and not acidic, the number of lactobacilli is greatly reduced, and the vacant space can be occupied by other microbes. This condition is called dysbiosis, and if the predominant anaerobic flora — bacterial vaginosis.
The simplest and most common cause of acid-alkaline balance of the vagina is to hit it during the alkaline cleaning soap scum. It does not matter if it happens once. But the constant alkali “shocks” lead to serious violations of the microflora, the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria, and consequently inflammatory disease of female genital sphere.
The protective capabilities of the genitals depend on the age of the woman. Up to 17-18 years of age, i.e. before puberty, the vaginal flora girl is easily affected by any adverse impacts. Decreases its resistance, and in women who have reached menopause. In these periods of life the rules of intimate hygiene need to be observed carefully.