For some, the presence of freckles (pigmentation of the skin, spots on skin, Konopiste) is a huge advantage, but for someone small brown spots on the face be a real torment.
Freckles (lat. Ephelides) are small, round, light brown spots on the skin. They appear due to uneven distribution of melanin in the dermis of the skin or under the action of ultraviolet radiation. Freckles caused by sun exposure, usually darker and have rough edges, can be much larger. Solar type of freckles is the most common. Spots, most often localized on the upper back and shoulders.
The usual type of freckles, most often found in red-haired people with green eyes. They occur mostly on the face and upper body, especially in spring and summer.
Freckles do not appear in infants. They become evident in childhood or adolescence. Sometimes the spots disappear without a trace, but in people with fair skin may remain for life. Often skin with freckles are more susceptible to solar pigmentation. Under the action of the sun spots become more intense color. In winter freckles fade and become less noticeable.
Causes of freckles
Freckles are inherited from a parent with the gene (MS-R). The symptom, in this case, persists throughout life. They can also be the result of violations of redistribution of the pigment of the skin resulting from too rapid synthesis of melatonin. The number of freckles increases when irradiated with ultraviolet light.
What disease can be mistaken for normal
Freckles can be one of the symptoms of the syndrome Peutz—Jeghers. The disease is associated with the appearance of age spots on the skin, mucous membranes, polyposis of the gastrointestinal tract. On the face, oral mucosa spots appear dark brown color and round shape. 20% are malignant degeneration. If you find yourself one of the signs of the disease, you need to urgently consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination.
Sometimes pigmentation, like freckles, appears with age is a result of hormonal changes that lead to an uneven distribution of melanin. Better not try to resolve this issue. First, consult a dermatologist. The doctor explores the depth of pigmentation and prescribe the necessary treatment.
When to seek medical attention
Freckles are not cancerous changes and not be reborn in the tumor, so there’s nothing to fear or to treat. However, from time to time, it is useful to monitor the condition of the skin and to visit a dermatologist.
People with freckled skin more susceptible to UV and therefore more prone to sunburn. If after a long stay in the sun appeared extensive redness, fever, itching – should immediately consult a doctor or to call the physician at home. Excessive sunburn in people with freckled skin can lead to squamous cell skin cancer.
How to get rid of freckles
How to remove freckles? This question is asked by millions of owners of this type of pigmentation around the world. But before you start fighting with freckles, you should know that the effect of any treatment permanent (temporary). Under the sun exposure pigmentation occurs again. Currently there are several popular methods of getting rid of freckles:
With the help of cosmetics
Cosmetics, such as creams, lotions, gels, in addition to moisturizing foundations often contain:
• Sun filters of varying degrees of protection.
• Retinoids are analogues of vitamin A.
• Arbutin – organic chemical substance used to lighten skin color.
• Fruit acid – bleached freckles corrosion method.
• Vitamin C.
• Various extracts of: lemon, chamomile, cucumber and calendula.
• Freezing with liquid nitrogen freckles is sometimes effective, but very traumatic and is not suitable for everyone.
• Laser therapy – this simple and safe treatment with high efficiency and little risk of scarring or discoloration of the tissues. The laser burns the dye in the cells and, thus, relieves the skin from freckles.
• Chemical peels – remove small defects due to overproduction of melanin (pigment spots, freckles). Acid is able to penetrate into the skin cells and remove excess dye. After processing, chemical peeling, the skin is noticeably brighter and fresher.
• Horseradish – it can be used to bleach freckles. Need to mix 100 g of grated horseradish with 0.5 liters of vinegar and let stand in a cool place for 3 days. Use in the proportion of one Cup of boiled water to 1 teaspoon of tincture. Regularly wipe freckled places an infusion.
• Parsley – finely chop the parsley, pour a glass of boiling water, infuse for 15 minutes. Then moisten a tea towel and put in places where there are freckles on 15 minutes.
• Dried dill – 1 teaspoon dill, pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a towel and leave for 40-60 minutes. Then, the resulting infusion filter. Daily apply a mixture on face for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with water. After four weeks of regular use of infusion your skin Talitsa and look more radiant.
• Licorice – contains the active ingredient glabridin. The use of infusion on the surface of the skin complexion and moisturizes well.
Masks and scrubs from freckles at home
One of the easiest ways to get rid of freckles – treating them with lemon juice. However, you should be careful! Acid contained in lemon can irritate the skin and make it more sensitive to the sun.
Long since, in the struggle with freckles has been successfully used cucumber. You can just cut it into thin slices and put on skin for 20 minutes. Another way is to wipe 2 of the cucumber, mix them with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply as a mask for 15 minutes.
You can prepare your exfoliating scrub. To do this, take 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and oatmeal, you can substitute a quarter Cup of milk. Mix until you obtain a semi-solid mucus consistency. Gently apply the mixture on your face as a scrub. Massage the skin and rinse everything with water.
To lighten freckles perfect mask of cucumber and tomato. Squeeze a spoonful of juice of cucumber, tomato and lemon. You can add a spoonful of olive, sandalwood or linseed oil. Mix the ingredients and apply on face. Make sure that the mask is not dried up. After 15-20 minutes wash skin with water and moisten with cream.
The effectiveness of the treatment of freckles
Holders of freckles are often concerned with the question: “will they be Able to get rid of them forever?”. In such cases, people are ready for any methods and costs. Modern cosmetology and medicine will help to reduce the intensity of freckles, but the effect is not permanent and will have to regularly repeat the treatment.
Prevention of freckles is the more reasonable solution than belated attempts at treatment. After all, to get rid of this type of pigmentation is relatively difficult and not always successful.
– People with freckles should avoid prolonged sun exposure.
In the intense sunlight and need to use creams with filters for protection (protective filter more than 30) from harmful UV rays.
– Protect the face and head hats with visor or wide-brimmed.
– In the hours of high solar activity stay at home or are in the shade.