Dandruff is one of the most frequent cosmetic problems faced by people around the world. Dandruff is not a separate disease. Rather, the consequences of any violations in the body. And if you fix the violation, and the problem will disappear.
To quickly get rid of dandruff at home by yourself, you must first determine the cause, namely, Dry dandruff or Oily dandruff:
- Dry dandruff appears in a day or two after shampooing, its a lot, it easily flies off, accompanied by brittleness, hair loss and itching scalp. The reasons for its occurrence – hormonal problems, bad food, lack of vitamins, bad habits, bad cosmetics.
- Oily dandruff appears late in the third to fifth day after shampooing. The color of yellow dandruff, oily to the touch, hard to understand. The cause of oily dandruff, the poor performance of the sebaceous glands of the scalp and broken metabolism.
In this article we have prepared a 10 ways “How to get rid of dandruff” that are easy to prepare at home. All the tips below posted for informational purposes only.
1. Yogurt and Pepper
One of the most frequent causes of dandruff is yeast, mushrooms and bacteria that live in every human body. In the normal state we do not bother and do not create problems.
But when there is a failure (broken diet, not enough vitamins and so on), this leads to the activation of the microorganisms. Occurs infection and, as a consequence, dandruff appears.
To prevent this, you can use regular yogurt. Yogurt is one of the best sources of “friendly” bacteria for our body.
The increase in the number of good bacteria in the body helps fight infection and promotes the normalization of digestive processes, which leads to the disappearance of dandruff.
Drink natural yogurt every day and this will help you to forget about dandruff (at least that which occurs due to fungal infections).
Moreover, with the help of yogurt can moisturize the skin the top of the head, which prevents it from peeling. And if you add to the yogurt and pepper, then get moisturizing anti-fungal agent to fight dandruff.
- mix two tablespoons of black pepper 150 grams of yogurt
- apply this mixture scalp (not hair and skin),
- leave it on for 50-60 minutes, rinse. After wash your hair with shampoo.
The combination of yogurt and pepper is one of the most effective and affordable remedies for dandruff that you can prepare at home. Just make sure the yogurt and pepper that you are going to use fresh.
2. Olive Oil
The main value of oil is that it moisturizes dry areas of the scalp, preventing the peeling. In addition, the oil can glue some small flakes of dandruff among themselves, making their hair loss.
- apply warm olive oil into the scalp every day before going to bed,
- cover your head with any package (preferably paper) to dry hair not to stain the bed
- wash your head with a mild shampoo the next morning.
Warm olive oil is another great remedy to combat dandruff, cook which is not difficult.
The vinegar kills fungus and bacteria located on the skin of almost every person and begin to develop, when there are suitable conditions.
But this is not the only property of the vinegar. Its acidic component reduces itching of the skin and thus slows down the peeling process.
- massage movements apply the vinegar on the skin of the top of the head,
- to cover the head in a towel and leave for 30-40 minutes, then rinse with water
- wash your head with shampoo.
Vinegar as a means of combating dandruff is attractive for its cheapness. Afford to buy it.
4. Baking Soda
Another inexpensive means to combat dandruff. Soda is antifungal and interesting fact that the fine structure allows it to catch and remove dandruff flakes stuck in the hair.
- add a tablespoon of baking soda in a disposable amount of shampoo and wash the head as usual.
Also baking soda helps to remove dead cells of the skin that leads to the restoration of fatty balance.
5. Lemon Juice
Another cause of dandruff is a violation of acid-base balance of the skin the top of the head. Lemon juice restores the normal acidity of the skin, which leads to the disappearance of white flakes.
Lemon juice is often used coconut oil which is known for its antibacterial properties because it contains large amounts of medium chain triglycerides.
- mix one part of citric acid with five parts coconut oil
- apply the product on the skin of the upper part of the head and leave for 30 minutes
- rinse with water and wash your hair with shampoo.
6. Neem Leaves
It is an Indian herb that became known for its numerous medicinal properties. In India this plant is considered a cure for all diseases.
If to speak about the case, the fight against dandruff, it possesses the three desired properties: antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory.
- Neem Leaves put in hot water and boil for 30-35 minutes,
- make a paste and apply on the skin of the top of the head,
- leave on for 30-60 minutes and wash off with water.
He’s definitely a great relieve the skin from itching and prevents rapid growth of bacteria that cause dandruff.
Ginger root is another good remedy to combat dandruff. Ginger is attractive not only anti-inflammatory properties, but also because it activates hair growth. Because the rhizomes of this plant contain essential oils that stimulate blood circulation. In contact with the scalp ginger increases the skin’s blood circulation, which leads to improve nutrition of hair follicles.
- peel and grate it finely process ginger
- resulting mass is put in cheesecloth and squeeze to press out the juice,
- add about 100 ml of sesame oil and mix thoroughly,
- apply the product on top of the head and leave for 30 minutes
- wash your head with shampoo.
Sesame oil in this recipe we have added in order to moisturize dry skin and hair.
8. Tea Tree Oil
In one study, one group of participants suggested the use of tea tree oil together with a shampoo for four weeks and the other group is to use only the shampoo. As a result, the first group was observed a decrease in the number of dandruff by 41%, the second — only 11%.
- mix a few drops of oil with one dose of shampoo and leave on hair for 10-15 minutes
- rinse with plain water.
Tea tree oil is known for its antifungal effect and is an excellent antiseptic. But the most important is a natural remedy against dandruff, which do not need pre-cooking.
Henna is used to treat many diseases of the hair, and dandruff is no exception. However, we have to say that henna is an effective when it comes early, simple forms of dandruff, when the minimum exposure to the fungus would be enough. Henna acts as a conditioner and reduces the oiliness of the hair.
- put a teaspoon of henna in a Cup,
- add equal amounts of tea powder, lemon juice and oil for the hair
- apply the mixture on your scalp and rinse with a mild shampoo.
But remember that henna is a dye from the dried leaves. Your hair did not change color, use colorless henna.
10. Basil Leaves
Basil since ancient times has been used worldwide as a medicinal plant. He has many various medicinal properties, including preventing the appearance of dandruff.
- mix the Basil leaves and powder of Amalaki,
- mash the mixture until the consistency of paste,
- apply the product on the skin of the upper part of the head and leave for half an hour,
- rinse under running water.
Basil is attractive because it is easy to find in stores, and he also possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff: Natural Treatments