Under the “early menstruation” understand two things:
- Start “menarche” (first menstruation) in girls at an earlier age compared to the norm
- Start of menstruation among women and girls in the loop for a few days before the expected date.
Early menarche. of Menstruation in girls marks the beginning of puberty, or puberty. Normally, this period begins at the average age of 12 years. Beginning menstruation at age 10 is also considered a variant of the norm, though it occurs less frequently. However, if secondary sexual characteristics and menses appeared at girls under 8 years, it is a sign that you need to take your child to a gynecologist.
Short menstrual cycle. normal duration of the menstrual cycle is on average 28 ± 7 days. If your period came earlier than 21 days from the beginning of the previous bleeding, there is reason to consult a gynecologist. Short menstrual cycle (less 21 days), when menstruation regularly start earlier called preuminary. It is characterized by intermittent bleeding, usually of low intensity, continue for two to three days. Preuminary require treatment.
Why my period started earlier – Reasons
Causes early menarche. precocious puberty in the majority of cases caused by disorders of ovarian, pituitary or adrenal glands, which in the body there is an excessive amount of estrogen and testosterone. In addition, doctors have noted a direct link precocious puberty and early menstruation with features of the environment, diet, presence in a child’s life stressful situations. More serious causes of disorders of the glands are:
- trauma, tumor formation of the brain or spinal cord, its exposure;
- previous experience of infectious brain diseases (encephalitis, meningitis);
- ischemia (disruption of blood supply to the brain due to a defect of the blood vessels);
- congenital adrenal hyperplasia (a process in which the infringed right production of hormones by the adrenal glands);
- hypothyroidism (a condition caused by insufficient production of thyroid hormones);
- syndrome of Mccune–Albright, a genetic disease that causes a range of disorders, including hormonal), etc.
Short menstrual cycle – Reasons
Reasons that I got my period early, can be:
- infectious diseases of the reproductive organs (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, mycoplasmosis and other inflammatory urogenital diseases can disrupt the normal function of the ovaries, after proper treatment, the cycle can be restored);
- hormonal disorders (early menses can be caused, for example, an excess of estrogen in the woman’s body);
- endocrine pathology (in most cases, disruptions of the menstrual cycle caused by disorders of the thyroid gland or adrenal glands);
- previously transferred infectious diseases (ovarian function can disrupt and infectious diseases experienced in childhood: measles, rubella and other).
What if your period came early
Don’t worry if menarche the girl began at the age of 10, although it is earlier than the average start date of the first menstruation. If I got my period in 8 or 9 years, you should contact your gynecologist. Also no need to worry, if the already established cycle of the girl period came 2-3 days early. Of course, in this case you can consult a gynecologist, but no need to start urgent treatment. The situation requires medical intervention, if the early periods are observed systematically when the loop has decreased significantly (less than 21 days) and in that case, when there are other breaches of the loop (reducing the number of selections, increase the duration of bleeding, cessation of menses, etc.).