Oily skin (greasy, oily, rough, porous, skin with hypersaline function) is a common problem among teenagers and people under the age of 30 years. Oily skin is characterized mainly by an excess of sebum produced in the sebaceous glands. People with this skin type can be a significant expansion of the pores or inflammation of the hair follicle, shiny face. Leather hypersaline function requires proper care, otherwise you may have acne (pimples) and other inflammatory processes.
Areas of high fat content are: forehead, nose, chin, back, shoulders and chest. Sebaceous gland is very important for humans and is responsible for many processes in the body. Sebum protects the skin from external influences and consists of derivatives of lipids. The composition and secretion of sebum varies in different periods of life. Synthesized by the skin of fat mixed with secretions from sweat glands and form a surface layer. It protects the skin from excessive moisture loss and harmful environmental factors, softens, has antibacterial activity, transports vitamin E in the upper layers of the epidermis. Skin lipids are antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that are involved in removing some of xenobiotics (toxins, harmful substances) from the body.
Causes of oily skin
Hormones affecting the production of fat in the sebaceous glands:
In the second phase of the menstrual cycle in women indicated an increased amount of sebum secreted. This is due to hormonal.
Oily skin is more common in men, regardless of age. This is due to the predominance of the body hormone testosterone, which is responsible for producing sebum.
The problem with increased greasiness of the skin often occurs in young women, girls, adolescents aged over 12 years. This problem arises in connection with puberty. It is characterized by excessive activity of the sebaceous glands.
– Is influenced by environmental factors, stress (especially chronic), cigarette smoke, air pollution.
– UV exacerbating problems with oily skin. The sun’s rays dry up and thicken the stratum corneum, which prevents the exit of sebum and popping acne (pimples).
– poor diet, eating a large number of fried, fatty, spicy enhances the greasiness of the skin.
– a lack of hygiene (need regular washing in the morning, the treatment areas of the skin that is prone to greasiness) leads to dry skin.
– Increase of ambient temperature increases the secretion of sebum.
– The amount of secreted sebum also depends on the area of the body. The largest number of sebaceous glands are located on the face, chest and torso.
– Use of poor quality cosmetics, on oily or greasy basis aggravate skin problems.
– immune contribute garnoti, as the skin is a protective layer. In violation of immune processes can appear the symptom of oily skin.
Diseases which may be a symptom of oily skin
Diabetes. One of the symptoms can be the oiliness of the skin and inflammatory responses. This is because the polysystemic disease (affects all organs and systems).
Women down power(cachexia, asthenic body type). For the synthesis Gomonov essential nutrients. If, due to diet or poor nutrition, a woman loses their, not enough building material for female sex hormones in the body and begin to dominate the male. In this case, the oiliness of the skin is defined as a symptom of higher amount of male hormones.
Obesity (men and women increased power). Leather jasneet as a result of improper nutrition, excessive sweating.
Hormonal imbalance in women can be associated with dysfunction of the ovaries, the sudden cancellation of contraceptives, tumors of the reproductive system (reproductive system, which carries the function of reproduction) menopause and so on. Resulting in increased levels of male sex hormones and there is a characteristic symptom of oily skin, the appearance of bristly hair, harsh voice, irregular menstrual cycle, excessive sweating. If you do not see a doctor, it may lead to infertility, cancer, irreversible changes of appearance. It is recommended to address to the endocrinologist, symptomatic treatment is to implement a cosmetologist.
Hyperandrogenism men – increased levels of male sex hormones. Often this complication can be observed in men who are professionally engaged in bodybuilding or athletes, as for building muscle they often use chemically synthesized testosterone. But there are cases of genetic predisposition to this phenomenon, with age, the synthesis of hormones will drop and everything will come to normal. Treatment is associated with elimination of symptoms. It is necessary to consult an endocrinologist, a beautician, valeology, nutritionist, in some cases, a psychiatrist (aggression, jealousy, concern about appearance), sex therapist (strong libido, promiscuous sexual intercourse, rapid ejaculation).
Hypertrichosis (excessive hairiness) in women and men – a disease in some cases is connected with the production of sex hormones and may be accompanied by fat skin.
Liver Disease (hepatitis, fatty liver) the liver is responsible for functions such as the elimination of toxins and excess hormones and other substances in the body. In case of violation of this body may be a symptom girni skin in the forehead and nasolabial folds.
When should always consult a doctor
As a result of oily skin could develop inflammatory diseases, as sebum is a breeding ground for bacteria. If you find yourself such complications, you should immediately consult a physician. This way you will be able to prevent increased scarring of tissues, development of septic skin diseases, the spread of infection in the body, will avoid many chronic diseases (such as sore throat, runny nose, decreased immunity). In the inflammatory processes associated with increased greasiness of the skin, mainly involved the bacterium Golden stafilokok, Streptococcus and propionibacteria. The infection can spread to other parts of the body or other people. If not treated the infection process, it can lead to death. Death usually occurs from of intoxication or sepsis. It is therefore important to timely appeal to the specialist.
Seborrheic fat dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that is characterized by greasy scaly lesions red (fresh eruptions) or white-grey (dry, old) of the scalp, hairline and face, folds around the nose and ears, chest, axillae (armpits), groin. You should consult covererage or cosmetologist.
Acne – blackheads are a common skin disease in which pimples appear on the face, chest, and back. This occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. You need treatment from a beautician with extensive lesions of the skin – consult covererage, dietitian, endocrinologist.
Carbuncle (or furuncle) – a deeper skin lesions, sometimes affecting subcutaneous fat layer. The cause is an infectious process in the hair follicle next to the hair accumulated pus (abscess). This is directly related to the oiliness of the skin. If an incorrect functioning of the sebaceous glands is secreted surplus fat and subsequently associated infection. You need treatment from a surgeon, then a consultation with an endocrinologist, covererage.
Necrosis – necrosis of tissue due to deep penetration of the infection.
Treatment for oily skin
Treatment for oily skin should be comprehensive. Need to identify and eliminate the cause rather then the symptoms. Therapy without visible signs of a deeper survey will only bring temporary results. Often experts use an integrated approach in solving this problem, which includes surveys (analysis of the content of hormones, blood sugar, total analyses characterizing somatic state detecting pathogenic flora), study of genetic predisposition and life history (feeding, habits). In combine the treatment procedure, a hardware technique and pharmacotherapy.
Drug treatment for oily skin
To reduce oily skin perhaps the appointment of preparations containing the following ingredients:
- Lactoferrin is a protein with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Beneficial effects on the immune balance of the body.
- Adapalene is a derivative of vitamin A, prevents comedones, inflammation. Effective combination with antibiotics for the treatment of inflamed areas of the skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide – good exfoliates, renews the skin prevents the growth of pathogenic flora.
- Azalina acid – reduces inflammation, reduces the growth of bacteria, exfoliates.
- Zinc – strong keratolytic (dissolves cornified epidermis)
- Copper – regulates the secretion of sebum.
- Sulfur affects the sebaceous glands and inhibits their secretion.
- Isotretinoin – is synthesized in small quantities in the human body, suppresses the production of sebum, lyses (dissolves) the stratum corneum.
- Bacteriocins and pyocyanine – products of the metabolism of bacteria (Escherichia, Enterococcus, Streptococcus, found) grown in a sterile environment. Enhance immune properties of the skin, contributing to its rapid regeneration.
- D-Panthenol – increases the strength of collagen in the skin, normalizes cellular metabolism. Necessary for skin regeneration after irritating treatments such as peels.
- Vitamin B6 – involved in the metabolism of proteins (e.g., lactoferrin) and unsaturated fatty acids. A beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous, hematopoietic and immune systems.
- Vitamin PP – has a positive effect on metabolism and the normal functioning of the skin.
- the Mineral zinc is the positive effect on the immune system. Zinc protects immune cells from the harmful effects of free radicals and activates the protective mechanisms of the body, necessary for healthy skin.
- Other drugs that have a beneficial effect on the skin: Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Nicotinic acid (vitamin PP), folic acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin C.
Hormonal therapy to eliminate oily skin:
Drugs menopause in women – Vero-Danazol, Divina, Finland, Divisek , Indivina, Climodien, Livial.
Other violations of gormonalnogo background: contraceptives with antiandrogenic effect – yasmin, Jess, Janine, belara.
Antibiotic therapy for oily skin is not assigned! in order To prevent acne it is better to use local antiseptics and exfoliating agents. Antibiotics kill the beneficial flora of the skin, you may experience resistance and in case of urgent need (e.g., for acne and other inflammations) they are not effective.
Treatment for oily skin herbs
Herbs contain flavonoids, tannins, saponins, silicic acid, plant hormones and micronutrients. Plant extracts are often used in cosmetics, since they are characterized by a wide spectrum of action. These compounds stimulate the growth of cells, increase the synthesis of DNA, act as antioxidants and delay aging.
- chamomile cleanses, softens. Acting locally, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect. Restores elasticity and smoothness of the skin.
- Sage has antibacterial, soothing, regenerating effect.
- Calendula officinalis has a healing, regenerative properties on damaged skin.
- the Bark of oak or birch has antiseptic and tanning properties.
- Extract viola tricolor cleans, affects the process of metabolism and helps detoxify harmful substances that accumulate in the body.
- green tea Extract has antioxidant properties, reduces the impact on the skin of free radicals.
- Extract of dandelion root enhances the body’s defenses. Supports proper function of the liver, gallbladder, kidneys. Helps in excretion of metabolic waste products, which is useful for the skin.
In addition to daily care at home oily skin requires additional treatment. It is assigned by a dermatologist or a beautician. The main methods of treatment of oily skin are:
Hardware procedures for oily skin:
- Laser biostimulation procedure the laser treatment, which causes photochemical changes in the skin. The procedure smoothes, refreshes and regenerates the skin, improving its elasticity and color;
- Microdermabrasion is a stream of tiny particles that are painless grind the skin (diamond grit, aluminum oxide, etc), it is recommended to remove wrinkles, enlarged pores, tightens and reduces stretch marks
- Iontophoresis – microcurrents, which, by means of special nozzles are passed through the skin. It increases blood flow, improves nutrition and microcirculation. The effect of treatment is the regeneration of the skin, deeper penetration of nutrients.
- Cavitation peeling (ultrasonic) – is a shock wave that provides a painless cleansing of the skin. Facial cleansing with ultrasound removes excess sebum from the pores of hair follicles, clears away dead skin;
- Ultrasonic phonophoresis – specific mechanical vibrations, which have a massage effect, destroys fibrous tissue, impadronire (removes excess fluids). Treatment prevents clogging fat, hair follicle, reduces skin rashes and symptoms of local irritation.
- Darsonvalization – pulse current of high frequency, which is held to the skin by vacuum electrodes. Dries the skin, improves blood supply and tissue regeneration.
Beauty treatments for oily skin
- Scrubs (mindaliny, apricot, salt, clay, plastic and so on) – abrazivny method for aligning and cleansing.
- Peels acids (lactic, fruit, pyruvic acid, trichloroacetic, glycolic, and so on) to reduce the PH of the skin that has a bacteriostatic effect. Regulates sebum production and reduces greasiness of the skin;
- Masks (mud, clay, seaweed) – disinfect, heal and soothe the skin, removes excess sebum.
- Manual cleaning of the face – the mechanical and traumatic way to clean the pores. It is recommended that a cleaning only in cosmetic centers.
Prevention of disease oily skin
1. In cosmetics to give preference means:
– with a low content of lipids,
– antibacterial and antiseptic composition (alcohol not more than 10%!!!),
– Hypoallergenic (neutral odorants or better without the smell),
– with natural plant extracts.
– If it’s not certified specialized shop where you are sure, it is better to choose less popular, expensive brand of cosmetics. These are less fakes. Make your choice in favor of domestic producers. They are in the cosmetics often use plants in our latitude, which are less allergeni.
2. Once a week use a simple peeling or cleaning person.
3. Year-round use sunscreen UVA and UVB.
4. Go to the sauna.
5. Do not abuse everyday makeup that provide skin the flow of oxygen. Always wash off makeup at night.
6. Use butillirovannuyu water to wash the face. You should not wash the face with soap and water, better suited cleansing gel for oily skin.
7. Avoid contact with face. Dirty hands carry bacteria.