21 week of pregnancy is the long-awaited for any pregnant woman, because it is at this time held regular ultrasound. After that the doctor will be able to tell the exact size of the expected baby, as a function of its internal organs and what the condition of the placenta. But most importantly, on the 21st week of pregnancy it is already possible to know the sex of the child.
A fetus at 21 weeks pregnant
For fetus 21st week of pregnancy is the period when the development of the baby is very rapid. At this stage of pregnancy, the baby is already very well developed nervous system. He already can easily swallow amniotic fluid, part of which is safely absorbed and broken skin cells, which are considered solid material is deposited in the rectum before birth.
The blood of the baby already has a sufficiently large number of red blood cells, and developing white blood cells will suppress your baby a variety of infections.
Another feature of the development of the fetus at 21 weeks pregnant – the formation of taste buds on the tongue, and digestion is already developed so that it can be separated from the amniotic fluid of water and sugar. The kid’s eyes still hidden for centuries. Stir on the 21st week of pregnancy especially active. The kid and then changes its position inside the uterus.
The size of the fetus at 21 weeks of pregnancy is approximately the size of a banana. If measured from crown to rump, he is 18 cm and the weight is only 300 grams.
The woman at 21 weeks pregnant
Exactly 21 weeks of pregnancy, a woman begins to actively gaining weight. It will last approximately 9 weeks. The entire reason that the baby in this phase is formed by fatty tissue. As a rule, during this period the woman is gaining nearly half of the weight she had gained. Of course, the baby stored fat through eating moms, this means that the appetite will improve markedly.
Doctors say that with this phase, the woman should consume about 500 calories more than usual. As the mother at this stage, you want something like that, they never tried.
From a physiological point of view the tone of the uterus in women gradually rises. The top edge is located at a distance of 1.2 cm above the navel. Belly at 21 weeks pregnant very actively starts to increase in size.
Danger on the 21st week of pregnancy
Now the body of the baby requires more calcium for their growth and development. Therefore, if in the body of the mother is not, then she runs the risk of greatly harm their teeth, and as a consequence bone her child.
In the case of calcium deficiency, feeling at 21 weeks gestation would be spoiled, because the expectant mother may experience cramps in the legs, and even worse – varicose veins. This is due to the fact that the tone of the uterus is located too high above the bosom, and she literally squeezes a large vein. As a result, the blood stagnates in the veins and begin their expansion.
Recommendations on the 21st week of pregnancy
- To avoid such problems, it is necessary to take calcium pills and eat foods rich in calcium. In order to avoid problems with the veins, it is necessary to follow a number of rules.
- You should not wear shoes with high heels. It is better to forget at least six months. Instead, you should wear shoes with soles no higher than 1-2 cm, and the house and all, to walk barefoot.
- During rest is not worth it to lie on his back. His familiar pose you need to change on the side. It is also useful to 3 times a day for 15 minutes to lie down with raised legs, as it improves blood flow
- Elastic bandage will also help the pregnant woman. Usually, doctors recommend bandaged feet at the first signs of dilatation.
- But if you do it for prevention – will not be worse. This bandage can be purchased at the pharmacy, cut it should not be.
- Bandage should mornings: from the feet to the middle of the femur. The leg should not be too lengthy, but thick girth must be achieved.
- If abdominal pain 21 weeks pregnant or appear cramps in the legs, be sure to tell your doctor.
Choose Your Week of Pregnancy:
Video about Pregnancy: Weeks 21-27