Congratulations on being 23 weeks pregnant! Here’s what you can expect during this week of pregnancy:
- Your baby is now about the size of a grapefruit, measuring around 11.4 inches (29 cm) from head to heel and weighing approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).
- Your baby’s sense of hearing is developing, and they can now recognize your voice and other familiar sounds.
- Your baby’s lungs are continuing to develop and produce surfactant, a substance that helps the lungs expand and contract properly.
Body & Symptoms:
- Your uterus is now about 1 inch (2.5 cm) above your belly button.
- You may be feeling more movement from your baby as they grow stronger.
- You may experience backaches, leg cramps, and swollen ankles and feet. It’s important to rest and elevate your feet as much as possible.
- You may notice some stretch marks appearing on your belly, breasts, or hips.
- Your appetite may increase as your baby grows and demands more nutrients.
Tests & Ultrasound:
- You may have a glucose screening test this week to check for gestational diabetes.
- If you haven’t already had one, your doctor may recommend a fetal anatomy ultrasound to check your baby’s growth and development.
As always, if you have any concerns or questions about your pregnancy, be sure to speak with your healthcare provider.
Leave a Comment