On the fifth week of pregnancy, the fetus continues to develop (and continue to develop the placenta and membranes of the ovum). Pregnancy at the fifth week with almost a 100% guarantee to confirm the pregnancy tests, because the level of HCG rises to its maximum.
What happens to the fetus at 5 weeks pregnant?
There is a further specialization of cells that will later be formed internal organs of the child. Begins to form neural tube – the prototype of the future of the Central nervous system. Neural tube has a thickness, this thickness will be formed in the most complex organ on the planet – the brain. On the 5th week of pregnancy outwardly fetus similar to a shrimp only dimensions are 1.5 to 2.5 mm.
On the 5th week of pregnancy the fetus continues to develop cardiovascular system, the heart tube begins to turn into a little heart with your blood vessels. “Little heart begins to beat with a frequency of 100 beats per minute. And on the 5th week of pregnancy by ultrasound, you can see how the heart beats of the fetus.
In the lungs, there are signs of the main bronchi, which are beginning to branch out into smaller bronchi – formed the bronchial tree.
Begin to form organs such as the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands, thyroid gland, pancreas. So the thyroid gland has this week begins to synthesize the hormone, thyroglobulin.
Pregnancy week 5. What happens with the future mother?
Pregnancy at the fifth week is characterized by headaches, increased urination, weakness and drowsiness, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, you receive a craving for salty. Although most women, the symptoms do not notice and do not pay attention to it.
Fifth week of pregnancy with almost 100% accuracy is confirmed by rapid tests for pregnancy, so if you still have doubts, then run to the drugstore and buy a test.
Recommendations for mothers during pregnancy in week 5
- To refuse all food additives and especially separatamente;
- To visit the doctor, if You haven’t done so already (before going to the doctor should recall the exact date of the last menstruation);
- Collect the history of the future Pope, their parents and the parents of the husband on whether they have the measles, rheumatic fever, scarlet fever, chronic diseases;
- If You have previously listed symptoms (nausea, vomiting, weakness and other), hold on, to 12 week they should disappear. If the early signs of toxicosis grow and haunt You, you need to consult a physician, but in no case do not use drugs themselves;
- Remember that now You are now in the first trimester of pregnancy, and it is very insidious early miscarriages, so take care of your health. Avoid overcooling and overheating;
- Follow the regime of work and rest;
- Eat properly and take multivitamins for pregnant women;
- Abstinence from alcohol and tobacco. This week fetus begins the formation of monoblasts (formed from sperm or egg). You don’t want his children to have a craving for alcohol or tobacco? Scientists have proven that alcoholism is inherited, and
- Smoking causes distortion of the DNA structure and leads to deformities of the future offspring.
Choose Your Week of Pregnancy:
Video about Pregnancy: Weeks 1-9