Prenatal Yoga is undoubtedly a useful exercise for new moms. And yet it is not necessary to neglect certain limitations. The yoga instructors always take into account the special situation of women in conducting classes.
Prenatal Yoga definitely allows you to achieve useful stretching and relaxation during pregnancy. Studied during yoga breathing techniques will definitely come in handy during childbirth. When visiting a professional yoga classes, every pregnant woman receives a specially tailored set of exercises. But if You decide to do yoga by yourself, you should know what is allowed and what is prohibited in yoga for expectant mothers.
Yoga for Pregnant Women: Permitted Asanas (Poses)
- To facilitate the birth of a child such good yoga poses like warrior II, triangle, pigeon, baddha of konasana, Ardha chandrasana etc., These asanas will increase flexibility.
- All the asanas on the side stretching comfort in an enlarged abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
- Cat Pose (cow) particularly useful in the later stages of gestation. This asana improves the suppleness of the spinal muscles and help the baby to take the optimal position for birth (head down).
- Vertical posture good when enlarged tummy. Feet need to put at least the width of the hips, especially if you have tilt forward. From the vertical stable position, you can perform the position of the sun (or sun salutation).
Yoga for Pregnant Women: Prohibited Asanas (Poses)
This section should pay special attention.
- Transitions-jumping should be excluded in the early stages of pregnancy. Otherwise there is a risk of moving a fertilized egg from the uterus.
- Shortness of breath, their retention cannot be used during pregnancy. Better go to special breathing techniques prenatal yoga, which will surely help in childbirth.
- It is Not necessary to increase the load to improve stretch marks. Pregnancy stimulates the production of the hormone relax. It allows you to soften the ligaments, bones, to lighten the way of the child during birth. But the same hormone, along with excessive stretching can pose a threat of injury. Do not allow yourself to increase the load on the stretch more than you used to do. Particularly at risk are the knees.
- Invalid strong twisting of the stomach. Asanas such as Ardha matsyendrasana, leads to compression of internal organs, including the uterus. Twisting should be softer, or begin from the shoulders. The stomach should be free from twisting.
- Asanas, which involve a revolution, not particularly dangerous for a child, but increase the risk of falling expectant mother. If you are as in headstand, pregnancy is not the best time to learn it. Experienced mothers you should consider that growing belly breaks the habitual sense of balance. Better to do a handstand supported by a wall.
- Asana with the deflection should not be too deep. The wheel pose is one of those that is worth paying attention to in this sense. If this asana is absolutely usual for You, you can continue to execute in the first trimester upon condition of good health.
- Posture lying on the stomach (for example, Cobra pose) can be applied only in the first trimester, when the fetus is still quite small. Then you should avoid these poses. To cease to perform this pose is when the slightest discomfort.
- Posture, lying on your back, You can dissuade the doctors from the second trimester. Such poses can be replaced asanas on the left side even in the first trimester. For comfort (to support), you can use cushions and blankets.
- Boat Pose or other poses, the intense study of the abdominal region is not particularly desirable.
- Extremely energetic yoga is not recommended. To the greatest extent this refers to Vinyasa yoga and power yoga or Ashtanga.
- Bikram yoga, hot yoga, which are accompanied by fever, are excluded during pregnancy.
If Your goal is the safety and beneficial effects of yoga, it is better to choose professional occupations. Pregnancy yoga with an instructor is the best guarantee of health for You and baby.
Asanas (Poses) of Yoga during pregnancy
Starting position. Stand up straight, back against the wall, feet shoulder width of one and a half steps from each other. Heels, buttocks, shoulders tight hold to the wall. Exercise. Exhale, sliding his back along the wall and holding the body in one plane, down to the right leg in lateral tilt. Make sure your buttocks and shoulders do not lift off the wall. Grasp the right-hand ankle of the right leg (or keep a hand on the middle of the lower leg). View point on the thumb of the left hand. Repeat exercise to the left. Complete for 2-3 sets in each direction.
Note. In the early stages of pregnancy it is possible to stand in the lower position of this asana for 30-60 seconds in each direction. Over time, reduce the duration to 15-20 seconds.
Exercise. exhale, bending your left leg to 90 degrees, step the right leg back, at a distance of 100-130 see his right foot firmly flat against the floor and hold her sock at an angle of 45 degrees. Make sure the lock the hands, head and buttocks were located on one line. Energetically reach out with your hands up. Repeat exercise for the left foot. Complete for 2-3 sets for each leg.
Note. In the early stages of pregnancy can you stand in this posture for 30-60 seconds. Then reduce the duration to 15-20 seconds. Do not perform the asana in the last month of pregnancy, and in diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Asana “Jana Sirsasana”
Exercise. Bend your right knee, pull your right heel to the groin and turn around the leg, dropping the knee on the floor so that the angle between the legs was stupid. Take a capture of the left foot with your hands (or a belt if your belly is already too big). Breathe in and pull the spine forward. Inhale, raise the head and torso, straighten arms and turn a look up for a few seconds, extending the spine and trying to bend it. Repeat the exercise, bending the other leg. Enough for 2-3 sets for each leg.
Note. Stay in a bent position no more than 10-15 seconds, breathe normally.
Asana “Baddha of Konasana”
Starting position. Asanas Jana Sirsasana, but with the back pressed to the wall. Feet drawn together, bringing them as close as possible to the perineum. Exhale, press the knees out to the sides, put them down on the floor. Reach the top of the head up, the back hold it steady.
Exercise 1. With the in-breath much straining muscles of the anal sphincter, exhale, relax. Try to include the muscles of the vagina to the work, and keep the abdomen relaxed. Do 3 sets of 10-15 contractions.
Asana “Prasarita Padasana”
Objective: to learn how to use breath to control his consciousness and relaxation.
Starting position. Lie on your back, arms along the body, palms firmly against the floor, fingers together. Stretch both legs and keep hips, knees, ankles and socks together; pull socks on itself, rushing forward with his heels.
Exercise. With an inhalation, lift your legs up at a 90 degree angle, stay in this position for 5-10 seconds. Breathe normally. Exhaling, lower your legs at an angle of 45 degrees, stay in this position for 5-10 seconds. Breathe normally. Then exhaling, lower your legs at an angle of 25 degrees, stay in this position for 5-10 seconds. Breathe normally. Without their feet touching the floor, pick them up again at an angle of 45 degrees and then 90 degrees. At the end of the exercise, put your legs down and let go of all the muscles relaxed.
Leave a Comment