Runny Nose and its treatment is one of the most pressing problems in the autumn-winter period. Despite the fact that most people consider this disease as “Not serious”, severe cold can bring a lot of problems. Let us consider in detail how to cure the cold symptoms.
Runny Nose – Dangerous
Shortness of breath, headache, lack of smell and appetite, poor sleep is just the most common effects of cold, which is actually a great variety.
Many people treatment of a cold is associated with the postulate: “If a Runny Nose treat, it will pass in a week, if not to treat again in 7 days” and not take action to eliminate it. In the case when the diseased has a strong immune system, best cure for any ailment is prevention. But in cold weather, good health the unit can boast the cold overcomes a large number of people. Flippant attitude to the problem can cause a runny nose develop into a chronic, or cause problems such as sinusitis, otitis media etc.
Causes of Runny Nose
Runny Nose is a loyal friend to many respiratory diseases such as SARS, sore throat, sinusitis etc. it can Also be a indicator of allergic reactions.
Lowered immunity, hypothermia, stay in a dusty environment, the curve nasal septum – all the preconditions for the emergence of the disease. Runny nose – the first harbinger of a cold, usually first appear that he, and then such signs as cough, sore throat, high temperature and other “charms” of colds.
Types of Runny Nose
The “classic” doctors have a Runny Nose is called “Rhinitis”. Is a constant companion to various colds and flu. More advanced forms – sinusitis is characterized by inflammation of the lining of the sinuses. Depending on which sinuses are inflamed, there are the following types of sinusitis as sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, sphenoidal and ethmoidal.
In spite of its very characteristic symptoms, a runny nose is a symptom of many diseases, different in their nature. Therefore proposed to consider in more detail the different types of this disease.
- Most common rhinitis, can be treated effectively with a quality herbal remedies (for example, the cure for the common cold Sinupret). Also doctors recommend regular flushing of the sinuses and accept a complex of vitamins (A, B, C, D, E).
- Sinusitis is a complication of improperly treated cold. Also, in some cases sinusitis is a result of tooth decay! So don’t be surprised if suddenly the ENT will send you to the dentist. When sinusitis, we recommend taking herbal remedies in conjunction with anti-inflammatory therapy.
- Sinusitis, the most advanced case. In humans with sinusitis, the common cold does not pass over the years, resulting in a severely damaged mucosa of the nasal passages. In this case, the question “how to cure snot” answer can only be a specialist. Treatment of sinusitis is difficult, but can deal with them even at home. Doctors recommend the herbs (Sinupret), physiotherapy and, if necessary, surgery to repair a deviated septum.
- Allergic rhinitis. This is how our nose can react to dust, pollen, Cottonwood fluff, and other irritants. Allergic rhinitis usually blooms in the spring along with the first greens and flowers. First of all, you need to minimize contact with the allergen. In allergic rhinitis for the treatment of prescribers acid, are not recommended vasoconstrictors (e.g., naphazoline).
Treatment Runny Nose in children and adults
Runny Nose – is cold, and its treatment should be complex. Self-treatment of rhinitis at home can be trusted only proven medical drug that would be simultaneously anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, immunomodulatory and secretolytic action.
Why Do Our Noses Run in the Cold?
In order to cure runny nose fast, efficient and without consequences, it is necessary to observe a few simple but important rules:
1. The common Runny Nose in adults:
- You Need to blow your nose correctly. In any fever, regardless of its stage and duration, strong blowing your nose leads to negative consequences. High blood pressure, which is created in the nasal cavity, can throw the viruses and bacteria in the Eustachian tube, causing middle ear infection. In addition, the mucosa is destroyed, and so that is irritable. To snot removal need each nostril separately and very carefully, and the pressure in the nasal cavity was not raised, it is useful to open his mouth.
- To Avoid everything that could once again cause irritation of the nasal mucosa. This is a strong sneezing, cold air, strong odors, chemicals, dust, tobacco or any other smoke. Remember that brisk walking and physical activities reinforce the breath, so that even in relatively warm weather, the load on the nose increases.
- You can Not drip into the nose without prescription vasoconstrictor drops more than the period recommended in the instructions for medical use depending on age. Because vasoconstrictor drops can cause addiction and withdrawal and “rebound” runny nose when applying for 4-6 days in a row.
- You can use drops of essential oils such as Pinosol, including children from 2 years. Essential oils of pine, mint and eucalyptus have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- You can wash the nose with salt water. It is best to use special funds sold in a pharmacy that has a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane of the nose and removes the germs, dust, allergens, excess mucus and crust. For a good effect to wash out a nose it is necessary at least 3 times a day, using 150-200 ml of solution into each nostril.
2. Rhinitis in children:
- To Check the temperature and humidity of the air in the room. The vast majority of apartments in winter (with working batteries) the air is too dry. This in itself is irritating to the mucous membrane of the nose, so the air needs to be humidified with a humidifier. The room temperature should not be too high, the optimal numbers of 20-22°C. the Room should be regularly aired, bringing the child out of the room.
- To Remove mucus from the nose. Small children cannot blow their nose, due to which mucus accumulates in the nose and makes breathing difficult. Therefore, they need to use a suction device to eliminate the mucus. To use older systems for nasal lavage can be no earlier than 3 years.
- It is Important not only to remove the symptoms of rhinitis, but also to treat it. Due to the peculiarities of the structure of the nasal mucosa of the child, the nasal absorption of the drug occurs more rapidly. For children you can use tools based on natural components, e.g., the drug Pinosol. Drops and ointment suitable for the treatment of rhinitis in children from 2 years, spray 3 years. Pinosol does not irritate your child’s nose does not dry it and unlike vasoconstrictor drops is not addictive. Pinosol really treats the common cold, has anti-inflammatory, and thanks to the buttery, natural ingredients (essential oil and vitamin E) moisturizes the mucosa.
- Time to remove the adenoids if they are the cause of the common cold, or contribute to its prolonged course and frequent relapse. The adenoids can serve as a breeding ground for many pathogenic bacteria, and can affect your overall development and growth of the child.
3. Allergic rhinitis:
- To Avoid the allergen causing the rhinitis. For example, if you are allergic to pollen, you shouldn’t be out in the garden during flowering, ignoring the cold. The fact that the current long-term inflammation can cause more serious problems with the nose: polyps, sinusitis, hypertrophy, etc. when the allergen (pollen, dust, etc.) have already fallen on the surrounding objects, such as clothes — as soon as possible to remove them.
- As often As possible to wash the nose 1% saline solution to remove trapped in the nose of allergens. To do this each time in the evening before bedtime.
- To Use antihistamines II generation, such as side effects of the drug (cetirizine). Do not try to “endure” the cold: long-term inflammation in the nasal cavity can cause more serious complications such as nasal polyps, hypertrophy of the mucous membrane, the transition of allergies to more severe.
4. Chronic rhinitis:
- To go to the doctor for the exact diagnosis, if necessary, to consult with Laura.
- To Avoid dust, smoke and other substances that trigger rhinitis and amplifies the symptoms are exactly the same as with all other types of rhinitis.
- Do Not neglect regular washing of the nose with salt water when it is impossible to eliminate the cause of the common cold.
- If the runny nose caused by drugs such as oral contraceptives, medicines against pressure, etc., it should be possible to replace them with similar, not causing the runny nose.
- If the cause of the common cold lies in other illness, the first thing we should try as carefully as possible to treat it.
- If the cause of the common cold brought on by prolonged use of a vasoconstrictor, you can use a drop based on natural components, such as drug Pinosol.
- If chronic rhinitis is possible to use complex drops, such as Drops. Unlike a vasoconstrictor it can be used for a long time, it is not addictive and has a combined anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.