Toothache is rare in children, but if it does, then most likely indicate disease of the teeth or gums.
Sometimes the child who has a sore ear or jaw may feel that he has a toothache. This is referred pain. Referred pain is a frequent phenomenon in the area of the mouth and face. Usually when reflected toothache is much more difficult to specify its exact location than the actual toothache.
Which diseases there is pain toothache in children:
Although in children toothache – a rarity, but they, unfortunately, are predisposed to primary caries development, which creates a lot of problems throughout later life.
1. A common cause of dental pain is inflammation of the inner soft tissue of the tooth (pulp), rich in blood vessels and nerve endings. Pulpitis is caused by bacteria that penetrate the pulp through a cavity formed in the destruction of solid mineral layers of the tooth: enamel and the underlying dentin.
Dental pulpitis unpleasant what causes severe toothache. It is tooth pain due to pulpitis is the cause of early treatment in dentistry, because such pain to endure very hard.
Symptoms of pulpitis in children is, at best, gradually increasing throbbing pain in the tooth, especially during the holidays. Pathogenic microbes, food particles penetrate to the nerve of the tooth becomes inflamed.
2. The process of destruction of the hard tissues of the tooth is called tooth decay. When caries the child may also feel pain in the teeth, but only by direct action of the stimulus, such as cold or hot water. If inflamed pulp, the pain in the tooth attack occurs, not only during the action of stimuli (food), but at any time, including at night. Sometimes the pain is aching in nature.
Cause of tooth decay is not only the presence of microbes in the oral cavity, but a number of other factors. So, for example, is crucial to the food. Insufficient intake of proteins, vitamins, mineral salts, fluorine and other elements contributes to the development of caries. At the same time, sugar and other bystrorassasyvayuschikhsya microbes carbohydrates also helps to destroy bacteria teeth. Heredity plays a big role, the state of dentition in the laying period, the development and eruption of teeth. It has long been observed that the first of the permanent teeth suffer 6th teeth because they erupt before all (enamel does not have time to get enough calcium and fluoride from saliva) and difficult to clean.
3. Pain in the mouth in children under one year is often caused by the development of thrush is a yeast infection. A child might feel great and not to show any symptoms, unless it tries to eat, but after a few sucking movements he immediately spits out the nipple or maternal nipple. Inside his mouth is red with white spots on the tongue and inside the cheeks. The spots look like drops of milk remaining in the mouth after feeding. To distinguish them, gently touch the white dots with your finger or a spoon handle. Drops of milk to fall behind, and the spots of thrush will remain in place. If your child has thrush in the mouth, it may as well be manifested in the anal area and on the genitals, causing a “diaper” rash. If you are breastfeeding, your nipples may also become contaminated.
4. Pain in the mouth in older children is usually caused by herpes stomatitis (infection caused by the herpes virus).
When herpes infection in addition to pain in the mouth, the child may feel unmotivated fatigue and rises in temperature. Your mouth may acquire such tenderness that a child refuses even from drinking and constantly spits, being unable to swallow even their own saliva.
Lips, tongue, gums and the entire internal surface of the oral cavity in such a child covered with tiny blisters and ulcers. Lymph nodes (“glands”) in the neck are usually significantly increased.
Although this condition is extremely painful and effective treatment for it does not exist, it passes by itself. Peak pain lasts for several days, and ulcers forming at the site of the bubbles and covering the mucous membrane of the mouth, are held for 10 days.
5. Solitary ulcer in the mouth, sometimes 2-3 ulcers – the most common cause of pain in the mouth in older children. Unlike herpetic stomatitis, in this case the child only 1-2 sores and the General condition is normal, the lymph nodes in the neck can be slightly increased. An ulcer is a defect of the mucous membrane in the form of white or yellowish gray circle around the center. This place becomes very painful.
Sometimes the reason for this is unclear, although the sores often occur due to injury of the oral mucosa: acute bone in food, biting the cheeks, etc. – all of which can injure the mucosa and cause ulceration.
This kind of mouth sores are usually for five days.
6. Mouth ulcers from time to time happen at all; in children exposed to stress or illness, their is more usual. The probability of their occurrence is dramatically reduced if you regularly brush your teeth and generally maintain healthy condition.
Very rarely multiple chronic ulcers can be a symptom of a disease about which you should consult a doctor.
7. Sometimes the pain in your mouth is a side effect of some medications, especially antibiotics. If your child is inflamed mouth for receiving or another medications, you must pay attention to the doctor.