During menstruation many women may appear pain, nausea, fever, weakness and other unpleasant symptoms.
In our article we will try to understand what happens during menstruation in our body, why when menstruation may increase the temperature and to have nausea, and also, what not to do during menstruation, so as not to provoke the deterioration of their own health.
What happens during menstruation
Throughout the cycle the body is prepared for motherhood likely, heavily produced hormone progesterone. If conception does not occur, the number decreases sharply, and begin are produced prostaglandins hormones that cause the onset of menstruation.
There is a narrowing of blood vessels of the endometrium of the uterus, causing the blood supply to it decreases. The mucous membrane gradually begins to flake and separate from the uterus. Her remains are removed to the outside together with the blood that accumulates due to rupture of small blood vessels.
This process takes place gradually. Some parts of the mucosa begin to decay sooner, and some later. That is why periods last three to five days.
In parallel with the natural removal of exfoliated endometrium is growing a new layer. You could say that menstruation is a transition point from one cycle to the next.
The menstrual fluid consists of blood and secretion, which secrete cancer of the uterus. In addition there are vaginal epithelial cells and mucous particles. Woman during one menstrual period loses from about 50 g to 80 g of blood.
In the critical days can often experience discomfort such as:
- Pain in the abdomen. On reception at the doctor girls often say that they have pain in the ovaries during menstruation. But actually abdominal pain associated with uterine contractions during menstruation. To eliminate the pain will help special medications.
- odor of the menstrual secretions that give discomfort to women.
- Nausea and fever.
Remember that hygiene is the key to women’s health. With special attention to hygiene should be treated in the critical days. Should be at least two times a day to take a shower every four hours to change the gasket, wear comfortable underwear made of natural fabrics.
Nausea during menstruation
During menstruation the body there are various hormonal changes that result in some unpleasant symptoms. For example, nausea during menstruation. As a rule, it commonly appears between menstruation and ovulation.
Almost any girl faced with the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, which in addition to nausea, include chest pains, swelling, bloating, back pain and depression. All these unpleasant symptoms are caused by an imbalance of such hormones as estrogen and progesterone.
If you are sick during menstruation, the reason for this may be elevated levels of serotonin in cerebrospinal fluid. Also nausea during menstruation may occur due to excess water in the body. And in fact, in both cases, changes in intracranial pressure. And as a consequence, in this period the woman in addition to the nausea can also appear dizziness, pale skin, severe depression, and in rare cases, loss of consciousness.
Of course, all ladies are different tolerate critical days. This largely depends on the characteristics of the structure and location of the uterus. Medical experts say that the uterus in some women, is wrong with a little deviation ago. So it puts a lot of pressure on the nervous centres, and that is the reason why pain in the lower back, the sacrum, the abdomen and nausea during menstruation. It should be noted that the activity of the uterus is also dependent on hormonal levels. So, if you are sick during menstruation, a possible cause can be the imbalance of progesterone and prostaglandins in the body.
If you have nausea on time Your period, and before such was not observed, perhaps, the reason lies in the occurrence of pregnancy. Because sometimes pregnant women can receive the bleeding in terms of menstrual period. Bleeding often happen when ectopic and missed abortion, in this case, women can also be severe abdominal pain and fever. If you experience these symptoms you should immediately go to the hospital. The doctor will prescribe you an ultrasound during menstruation, and if the survey ectopic pregnancy is confirmed, you will need emergency surgery.
Nausea during menstruation can occur if a woman takes contraceptives, as they greatly increase the content in the body hormones. When violations of hormonal background at the same time with nausea can be observed strong irritability, headache, sweating.
It should be noted that the causes of nausea can be also poisoning and gastrointestinal infection. If you are very sick during menstruation, do not self-medicate, and immediately contact for medical assistance. So how to establish the exact cause of ailments can only a doctor.
Temperature during menstruation
Some girls have a fever during menstruation. Medical experts say that a small increase should not be a reason to worry. Because the female body during menstruation is experiencing some stress, losing blood and is dehydrated. Therefore, many feel that the weakness, lack of appetite. If by the evening the temperature rises a little more than 37 degrees, then most likely it is caused by fatigue. If there has been a significant increase in temperature, and in addition appear severe pain, call your doctor. Because high temperatures during menstruation may be indicative of the problems of female genital sphere. When the hormonal balance is not broken, the process of occurrence of Your period extreme discomfort does not cause.
High temperature during menstruation can appear as a result of infection. In the days of menstruation, the uterus opens, and bacteria to get inside it becomes easier. Many women for that reason prefer to use pads and not tampons. In this period it is very important to follow personal hygiene.
The temperature during menstruation may indicate the presence of inflammation in the intestine. Because women in this period often suffer from diarrhoea. And the increase in temperature in this case is cause for a thorough examination.
Approximately in the middle of the monthly cycle can sometimes be ovulating, in which the phenomenon of temperature rise, it is noted quite often. Girl, tracking the changes of basal body temperature, can determine the most appropriate time for conception.
Another reason may have pain and fever during menstruation, is pregnancy. If you experience these symptoms hold a special test, and if the result is positive, consult your doctor to eliminate the presence of an ectopic or missed abortion.
The last cause of temperature rise when menstruation is early menopause.
What not to do during menstruation
So as not to harm their own health, during menstruation it is not recommended:
- hard to do sports or some other physical activity. Sport exercises during menstruation should be moderate, only then will they benefit: will help to relieve pain, improve mood. But excessive exercise may aggravate bleeding;
- swimming pools, spas and saunas. Heat treatments help strengthen circulation, and therefore may increase the bleeding. In addition, in the critical days increases the risk to put in the body the infection. Therefore, these procedures are best to replace shower
- to drink alcohol. Alcoholic beverages increase blood pressure, which can lead to deterioration of health and increased bleeding;
- it is wrong to eat. Poor nutrition during menstruation can cause nausea, weakness and abdominal pain. In the critical days you must consume foods that contain magnesium, calcium, fiber. Porridge, chicken, fish, or peppermint and chamomile tea – the best diet during menstruation. A spicy, sweet, salty, fatty food in this period should not be used;
- to have sex without a condom. Sexual relations in the critical days of a categorical prohibition. But keep in mind the high risk of penetration into the uterus of infection. It is for this reason that during intercourse in this period it is best to use a condom, even if you have a steady partner;
- to take some medicines. If during menstruation will be a need for taking any drugs, you should consult about this with your doctor. It is important to know that the drugs manufactured on the basis of acetylsalicylic acid (e.g. aspirin), can significantly thin the blood. Thus, taking aspirin during menstruation, you only prolong it. To reduce pain during menstruation, take better drugs such as ibuprofen and paracetamol
- to carry out any operations. The fact is that during menstruation the blood coagulates poorly, and as a result, during surgery you may bleed
In addition, during menstruation should not make Curling, lifting, tightening the skin, dye your hair, because due to temporal changes in hormonal background the result may be unexpected.
What to do if nausea and temperature during menstruation
When the nausea and temperature during the menstruation should consult a doctor. After the necessary examinations you will be prescribed treatment, which will depend on the causes of the malaise.
Often to eliminate nausea and fever prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, paracetamol) and antispasmodic agents, which include no-Spa drotaverine and. Sometimes the gynecologist may prescribe antacids. Many women suffering from nausea, the drug successfully used mastodinon. For the treatment of ailments caused by various infections with antibiotics.
It is very important in the critical days to create the most comfortable conditions for its own body, so easier to overcome this difficult period of life.