Winter the body gets many necessary substances. We need sunshine, fresh fruits and vegetables, and as a result, we become the perfect target for viral and colds. That is why in winter our body needs particularly vitamin support, and not receiving it, throwing a strike. Refuses to Wake up in the morning, in the evening to fall asleep, as expected, but in the course of the working day comes so tired, like I had bags to carry.
And the best way to improve your health and mood, and help the body resist colds and viruses is to Supplement your diet “right” products, holds the maximum number of essential vitamins!
None of the processes of human life does not pass without vitamins and minerals. We can get them with meals and as part of vitamin complexes.Quality food, vegetables, fruits in early winter, and vitamin-mineral complexes – in the end. Take vitamins you need for a short period, as the excessive use of pharmacy vitamins can lead to hypervitaminosis.
In any winter products more vitamins
Vegetables (boiled, baked, stewed): vegetable fiber, contained in vegetables and activated by temperature treatment, will bind toxins and bring them out of the body, and will prevent oxidation of the vitamins already in your body.
Frozen fruits and berries: in the process of freezing in fruits and berries is about 90% of the vitamins. An important condition for the preservation of these vitamins is to eat fruits and berries immediately after thawing.
Sauerkraut: a rich source of vitamin C. Sauerkraut has long been used not only as snacks but also as a means of prevention of lack of vitamin C in the body. It is important to note that more vitamins in cabbage remains, if the starter is to use less salt.
Seafood: seafood is simply indispensable in the winter diet. They contain useful vitamins b and PP. They are rich in iodine, potassium, magnesium, sodium and other elements needed to maintain immunity in the norm.
Green onion: too many people in the winter grow green onions. Business simple – enough bottles of water and a regular onion. Meanwhile, the green sprouts are extremely rich in vitamins B1, B2, PP and vitamin C.
Citrus: the main value of citrus fruits is vitamin C. the Acidity of grapefruit, lemon, Mandarin due to the content of ascorbic acid. Citrus, of course, very useful. But don’t abuse them. These fruits can cause allergic reaction with excessive use.
Kiwi this is a champion in content of vitamin C. Just one kiwi a day is enough to fill the daily requirement of this vitamin. In addition to vitamin C, kiwifruit also contains b vitamins and various minerals and fiber.
Garnet: pomegranate is rich In b vitamins, vitamin C and essential amino acids, and minerals. Shown to prevent colds and support the immune system. This is a very tasty product, widely used in cooking, it can be used daily as a juice, and seasonings or additives to dishes: salads, cereals, casseroles.
One of the reasons why we experience winter weakness – the lack of bright colors
If in summer we see a riot of colors: blue sky, green grass, bright flowers and without noticing saturated color variety in the winter this is specially taken care of.
Ginger: of ginger root are essential oils, cineol, flandrin, campin, citral. Ginger contains vitamins C, B1, B2, PP, A, calcium, potassium, iron, chromium, and magnesium. For colds tea with ginger mobilizes protective forces, raises the General tone of the body.
Green tea: green tea contains a lot of carotenoids ascorbic acid, vitamins b, K, PP, tannins, amino acids, magnesium, copper, manganese, selenium, zinc, and chromium. Green tea is an excellent antioxidant and helps the body fight off infections and viruses. At low hemoglobin levels and vitamin deficiency, it is recommended to drink a Cup of green tea with raisins or dried apricots for an hour before a meal.
Milk: in cow’s milk contains over 20 vitamins. Most in the organism is comparatively rare vitamin B2 (Riboflavin). This vitamin plays an important role in energy metabolism: converts carbs and fats into energy and improves skin condition.
How to minimize loss of vitamins when cooking:
- Fruit should be cleaned just before eating. And they better not cut finely, as vitamin C is lost more quickly.
- Salads of raw vegetables to salt and fill with sauces or oil is necessary before serving to the table.
- When cooking vegetables, put in boiling water to reduce loss of vitamins.
- Carrot is better to cook them purified, and beets – in the skin.
- Nutritional value and quality of the finished vegetable dishes are significantly reduced during storage and especially when reheating. During storage the vitamin C content decreases, and when warming up dishes it is destroyed completely. Therefore, the shelf life of ready vegetable dishes should be no more than 3 hours, and potato in under an hour. Yes, the hostess will have to make soup every day and not one pan for a week.
Winter Vitamins – what you need to know:
- To ensure that the vitamins came from food into the blood, we need specific proteins-carriers. For their formation it is necessary to ensure a balanced intake of optimal amounts of proteins in the body.
- In order For the vitamins has brought more benefit, protect nerves. During stressful situations the vitamins burn up much faster.
- Remember, sweet and flour reduces absorption of vitamin C if you are not able to unsubscribe from such foods, try to eat more foods containing vitamin C.
- Calcium and phosphorus, so necessary to maintain the density of bone mass are poorly absorbed when vitamin D deficiency (calciferol). In the summer vitamin D is produced naturally when exposed to sunlight. In the winter you can get calciferol, using cod liver oil, butter, milk, cod liver oil.