Wrinkles, furrows, sagging, withering, reduced skin turgor is, in the majority, the signs of aging and skin in particular.
Aging is a physiological process, the first visible signs of which are the wrinkles. They are formed due to the loss of collagen in the deeper layers of the dermis. Collagen is an internal “skeleton” of the skin, and with it she would like falls, forming wrinkles.
Depending on the damaging factor there are several types of wrinkles:
- Radiation (UV).
- Age-related (endogenous),
- Other associated with different States of the organism (exhaustion, poor health, air pollution, skin diseases, dehydration).
The process of wrinkle formation begins with small cracks, and over time they grow and become more visible. First wrinkles appear around the age of 30 years (sometimes earlier), most often it is the wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet), forehead, between the eyebrows and around the mouth (especially in smokers).
Approximately at the age of about 40 years wrinkles deepen nasolabial folds appear, called lines of sorrow, lowered corners of the mouth. After 50 years, as a result of hormonal changes, the skin begins to age much faster, looks less dense and sluggish. The result is an even deeper wrinkles.
Wrinkles on the skin – photo and pictures
Causes of wrinkles
The appearance of wrinkles curled from external environmental influences and internal physiological processes in the body.
2. Dry air (work at a computer, air conditioning).
3. Smog and pollution.
4. Bad skin care.
5. Improper posture during sleep – improves sagging skin on the face and neck.
6. Smoking, excessive drinking, reckless lifestyle will definitely be imprinted traces of wrinkles on the skin.
7. Hypovitaminosis A, B, C, E and micronutrient deficiency.
8. Hormone imbalance (lack of estrogen in women).
9. The lack of hyaluronic acid and collagen.
What diseases can be associated wrinkles
Aging and the appearance on the skin characteristic of facial wrinkles is a normal physiological process. But wrinkles strange shape, in uncharacteristic places are signs of illness, not old age.
The pathological types of wrinkles that can be confused with the norm:
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles, glabellar folds – a consequence of frequent migraine headaches or hypoxia of the brain.
- Severe nasolabial folds, vertical wrinkles in the corners of the mouth indicate problems of the gastro-intestinal tract and metabolic disorders.
- Vertical wrinkles above the base of the nose, deep wrinkles between the lip and nose indicate the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Sagging skin under the eyes and on the cheeks, swollen chin, transverse wrinkles in the chin – diseases of the genitourinary system.
When is it necessary to consult a specialist
There are several diseases that are not related to the natural aging process:
- The illness of Hadchinsona Guildford or premature old age – a rare genetic disease that accelerates the aging process dozens of times.
- Diabetes is due to the accumulation in the cells is not oxidized products, age-related changes whichever is sooner.
- Hormonal disorders – the result, of lack of female and male sex hormones accelerates the formation of wrinkles.
The treatment of these diseases must deal with medical doctors (internists, gerontologists, STI specialists, endocrinologists, gynecologists) and not beauticians. In cases where the existence of such serious breaches, to preserve life and health, need timely access to a specialist!
Symptomatic treatment of wrinkles
Pills for wrinkles are supplements and vitamin complexes that are available in pharmacies in the form of capsules or tablets, depending on the manufacturer. They often contain collagen Q10 or a big dose of antioxidants, such as astaxanthin (found in some types of fish, molluscs and crustaceans), lycopene (found in tomatoes) and resveratrol (derived from grape extract).
Creams, tonics, gels and serums anti-wrinkle are the modern elixirs of youth. They are able to smooth wrinkles, improve tone and elasticity of the skin. But they are not and cannot be any secret recipe! Modern cosmetics from wrinkles is a combination of long-known active ingredients. Do not buy a pig in a poke! Check your anti-aging cosmetics on the content of such substances:
1. Retinol is one of the active forms of vitamin A. Retinol has the ability to stimulate the skin to create a more robust epidermis by increasing the biosynthesis of collagen and elastin fibers. Thus, it repairs damage, improves firmness and elasticity, reduces wrinkles. Retinol is also a potent antioxidant that prevents harmful effects of free radicals.
2. Coenzyme Q10 – is a biochemical compound that is present in every cell and is responsible for its metabolism, is also one of the most powerful antioxidants and prevents premature aging of the skin. Coenzyme Q10 combined with vitamin E cleans the dermis from free radicals produced in it under the sun exposure.
3. Hyaluronic acid – polysaccharide, which is part of the skin and is responsible for its hydration (hydration). He has the unique ability to bind water. Molecule of hyaluronic acid is the magnet that holds about 250 molecules of water. With age, the amount of acid in the tissues decreases and the skin loses its youthful appearance due to the moisture loss.
4. Vitamin C – improves the skin, retards the aging process, is a powerful antioxidant that protects against the harmful effects of free radicals. In addition, accelerates the regeneration of the epidermis, improves skin tone, strengthens blood vessels, thereby reducing their tendency to crack. Regular use of cosmetics with vitamin C in sufficiently high concentration (not less than 5 %), gives an excellent anti-aging effect.
5. Peptides – firm the skin, reduce wrinkles. The Hexapeptide, the tetrapeptide and arginine – synthetic substances with different small molecule structures, which can easily penetrate into the deeper layers of the epidermis. They act as guides and accelerates the transport of nutrients to the skin cells.
6. Stem cells – represent immature (embryonic) cells. They can stimulate skin renewal, have the ability to turn into any cell type and have unlimited possibilities. Thanks to their action leather samovosstanavlivaemy and wrinkles are smaller.
7. Telomeres is included in the structure of chromosomes and determine the number of cell divisions. Can delay skin aging.
8. Aquaporin – a protein and moisturizing the skin from within. It forms channels in cell membranes that allow water molecules there.
9. UF filters – represent the fine particles of zinc oxide or titanium. They create on the skin that sort of a protective film. It reflects sunlight and protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
Any other supplements is, as a rule, or excipients, or a publicity stunt.
Salon treatments for wrinkles
Injection contour plastic (hyaluronic acid) – for this procedure, use permanent gel new generation of fillers containing hyaluronic acid. Drugs lead to formation of wrinkles by using special thin needles.
Previously used constant (fixed) fillers, but they are almost not used because of poor results and complications. New permanent fillers with hyaluronic acid are natural substances in the intercellular space of our tissues and prolong youthfulness of the skin. Not only are they cosmetically camouflage the appearance of wrinkles, but also to restore the structure of the deep layers of the dermis.
Often due to monetary savings patients insist on the introduction of permanent fillers, but over time the skin is exposed to various anatomical changes and instead to improve its appearance fillers disfigure her.
When using hyaluronic acid such complications do not happen.
Mesotherapy – the procedure consists of introducing the active substance into the skin by injection. The active substance is a vitamin cocktail that penetrates deep into the tissues, helping them to regenerate, thus, eliminate the defects of the skin caused by the aging process. The procedure is moderately painful. After the treatment, skin looks red, sometimes formed subcutaneous hematoma.
Mesotherapy can be performed using a special device emitting the electromagnetic wave. In this case, the anti-aging ingredients penetrate the skin under the influence of impulses. The result is wrinkles and restores youthful appearance of the skin.
Laser wrinkle removal – the laser is the most popular method of rejuvenation of damaged skin. Is a salon procedure. This method is no less effective than Botox. The advantage is that the laser has no side effects. Laser beams help to stimulate the production of collagen and eliminate wrinkles.
Peeling is one of the most popular and accessible methods of treatment that makes every woman. The advantage of this type of exfoliation is to improve circulation and skin regeneration. In addition, this removes callused dermis layer, which improves the absorption of nutrients and creams. Peels can be very effective in dealing with stretch marks and changes in skin color (pigmentation).
There are several types of peels, depending on the chemical composition of substances (chemical peels), of enzyme used, the mechanical impact on the skin (dermobrazya, microdermabrasion).
Scrubs is different from peeling substances used to remove dead skin. Typically, the particles of the scrub larger and rough. Can meet and complex exfoliating scrubs. Their main function is to improve blood circulation in the area where it is applied, to relax the muscles of the face, to provide a massage effect, and the added benefit of peeling function.
Botox – injecting room procedure, which is used to correct facial expressions in the area wrinkles. The skin is cooled or she applied the numbing medicine, then a very fine needle is injected the mixture. The substance contains botulinum toxin, which in large doses is a poison of the causative agent of botulism. The local action box blocks nerve endings causing temporary muscle paralysis. Due to this effect the smoothing of wrinkles. Maintenance treatment should be carried out not more often than 2 times a year.
Surgical technique – facelift or less radical ways, affecting certain problem areas of the face (forehead and temples, blepharoplasty, facelift lower third of the face and neck, and lifting of the face). Operative intervention is based on the excision of excess skin, muscle and fat. The skin is lifted and moved into position, the characteristics of younger age, thus, wrinkles are smoothed. The effect lasts from 10 to 15 years. Is a plastic surgeon in the plastic surgery.
Self-treatment of wrinkles – methods
We can’t turn back time, but it’s never too late to begin to care for their skin properly. Face masks are one of the most popular women’s cosmetics. These are not clever ways you can get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. If you want to improve the condition of your skin, try once a week to perform one of the following masks:
- Apple mask – 1 grated Apple, add a teaspoon of potato or corn starch. The resulting mass is mixed, put on face and leave for 20 minutes. Wash your face first with warm, then rinse with cold water.
- Strawberry mask – 5 ripe strawberries, add 1 tablespoon of the olive(linseed) oil, stir the mixture until smooth and apply to face, wash off after 20 minutes. The mask improves the complexion, reduces wrinkles and tightens the skin.
- Orange mask – mix 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, add the juice of half an orange, the resulting mass mix again. Apply to face, neck and décolletage. Rinse with cold water after 20 minutes. The mask improves elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Purifying mask – 20 grams of condensed milk add few drops of lemon juice, mix well and apply on face for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Moisturizing mask – mix three tablespoons of sour cream and three tablespoons of oatmeal, in the resulting mass add 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir until smooth, dip in the mixture to a paper towel and put it on your face for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- Nourishing mask – in the egg yolk add the olive oil or other cold-pressed oil, mix and apply the mask on the face. Keep for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
If you want to cook homemade peeling or scrub, add in any mask sugar, salt, kiwi seeds or ground organic coffee. Do gentle massage with this mixture once a week and your skin will gradually smoothed to become soft and tender.
Herbal medicine wrinkles
Many plants contain strong substances that can regenerate tissue and restore damaged skin. Here are examples of some of the herbs that are most successful are used to restore youthful skin and fight wrinkles.
Ginseng is considered one of the best plants with the function of anti-aging. Use tinctures and decoctions inside, and the extracts added to cosmetics. Included in it are strong antioxidants, called ginsenosides, reduce wrinkles, prevent water loss from the skin.
Resin Incense – used for aromatherapie in the times of Cleopatra. Essential oils are not only healthy, but also have a regenerative – restorative and rejuvenating effect on the skin, smooth fine wrinkles.
Hips – the rose hips have long been used as a natural source of vitamin C, and tetrazol contained in the seeds is known as one of the best natural products to reduce wrinkles. Decoctions, infusions and oils from rose hips is used to accelerate skin regeneration, treatment of scars, burns and wrinkles.
Horsetail – is the source of silicon. Decoctions, infusions can be consumed, both internally and externally. The effect of this plant – improve the skin’s appearance, stronger bones, cleansing the body, stimulation of the kidneys, fights infections of the urinary tract.
Drug – is obtained by drying of freshwater sponges. When rubbed into the skin rejuvenates, removes dark spots, cleanses, heals. Sold over the counter in the form of masks, creams, gels.
The Effectiveness of treatment of wrinkles
Especially sensitive to the appearance of wrinkles areas are the face, neck and hands. If in the form of a long, deep furrows, it will be difficult from them to completely get rid of, even with the help of a scalpel and a whole Arsenal of modern methods of aesthetic medicine.
Reversibility there may be 2 types of wrinkles:
- Dynamic – acquired with age. Form the wrinkled folds to a depth of 0.4 mm, which penetrate into the dermis layer. They are the result of natural changes in the body, and arise from the slow cell regeneration and blood circulation in the tissues. Since they arise from the natural consequences of time, they are difficult to prevent.
- Static – appear due to insufficient hydration of skin and elastin deficiency. Such wrinkles are more superficial, up to 0.1 mm in depth. To get rid of them easier.
Early prevention can stop the aging process and wrinkles and is a good investment in the future. Remember, it is always easier to prevent than to treat!