Yoga has already helped many people to achieve success in life, happiness, and emotional balance. But how to do yoga at home, you know and I know, not all. Many people think that learning to do yoga is hard and tedious, so don’t even begin to do it. But really, everything is easy and just need a little patience and a desire to learn.
Yoga helped the most people in different fields and spheres of life. We have collected the most effective methods, easy learning yoga at home. So tune that all will be simple and fun.
Yoga practice needs to be regularly – as well as regularly need to sleep, eat, take medication. If yoga classes are held only once or twice a week in a group, it’s not enough that yoga did their healing effect. You probably will feel some improvement in mood and well-being after practice – but sustainable it becomes. It is necessary to regularly practice yoga at home, alone.
The human body is exposed to cyclicality. Cyclicity is manifested in everything: in the secretion of hormones and digestive juices, the fluctuations in the activity of the brain; some cycles last for minutes or hours, others for days and months… All these cycles are independent of each other, like gears in a clock. The failure of any rhythm is detrimental to the whole organism as well as for hours – broken gear. If you add to his life another cyclical process – yoga classes – you gain the ability to adjust and configure other rhythms – and thus to improve and maintain health. But if you start to do yoga haphazard – you just make a disorder in which the body and health can only get worse.
However, how to organize a home yoga practice? Can people change their lives to practice yoga two hours every day? Because there are family, work, school, friends, and almost no free time…
Yoga Poses – Asanas
Yoga for Beginners
Yoga is preferable to do early in the morning. In this case, you get a boost of energy for the whole day. In addition, morning yoga sessions easier to plan. In the evening you can keep at work or call in the morning you expect time alone. In the evening your mind is loaded with hundreds of thoughts about the day, in the morning you are calm and relaxed.
However, immediately change your mode so that to get 1.5-2 hours early is far from over. Important factor: the yoga should not be another stress in your life, it should relieve you from stress. It is better to conduct yoga classes in the evening than to torment your body with daily lack of sleep. Otherwise, more than one or two months you won’t last. Start to practice yoga when it is easiest.
Time and place to practice yoga at home
A Place for yoga should be warm, quiet, clean. You need to be sure that there you will not be disturbed. Home should be warned to not distract you, animals are removed from the room, phone line disconnect. During the class, your mind becomes very sensitive, and a sudden stimulus can permanently unsettle.
It is Impossible to freeze during yoga classes. First, neither of which relaxation has to be considered. Secondly, doing yoga in the cold, you risk catching a cold or pulling of muscles and ligaments. Carefully choose clothes, take care of purchasing the heater.
Silence is very important during yoga classes, especially in the first stage. If extraneous sounds cannot exclude, buy in the drugstore earplugs. If you mind the light, use a blindfold. In the first stage, until you learn to relax and concentrate, it is very important that nothing distracts you when you are doing yoga.
Also, need to make sure that the venue was clean. Remove house dust from furniture, under cabinets and couches, etc. Otherwise, a long time lying on the floor and inhaling the dust, you run the risk of getting sick.
Regularity of yoga
Consistency – the most important thing in learning yoga and, at the same time, the most difficult. However, just to build 1.5-2-hour lesson in your life is not easy. Moreover, in the first place psychologically. Start small: think about how much time each day you are ready to do yoga at home. Let it be, say, 15 minutes. Find 15 minutes a day, isn’t it? Do these 15 minutes, but every day, without skipping and efficiently. Let it be only 3-4 poses and Savasana, but do them with maximum efficiency.
Add time yoga classes and the number of poses gradually, 5-10 minutes a week. You will not notice as will need to practice. Yoga buys the time expended on it: you start to sleep less and more efficiently spend their time.
If you can’t practice yoga every day and make sure at least that the practice was systematic. For example, exercise every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Or every other day. But regularly, with no gaps.
Food and Water Treatments
Practice yoga on an empty stomach. And this is another argument in favor of morning practices. If You do in the evening, it should take no less than 2-4 hours after a meal. If you are very hungry, allowed to eat something light yogurt, an Apple, some soup, etc. are Also possible and even necessary before practice a bit drink: water, tea, juice or milk. The above especially applies to people with diseases of the stomach. In this case, you can also keep next to a glass of water and occasionally drink a little.
Yoga induces long-term changes in circulation, especially the peripheral. This is a large proportion locate reply message effect. For this reason, shower and other water procedures should be carried out to yoga, and not after. For this reason, after practice, you should not visit a massage room and an intense workout.
Yoga can’t do:
- when the body temperature above 37ºC
- acute exacerbations of chronic diseases
- immediately after sports
- within 3-5 hours after a bath
- during the day after drinking alcohol or any narcotic and hallucinogenic substances
- in a state of severe physical fatigue
- after experiencing severe stress
- in the first 1-2 days of menstruation
- immediately after eating
- just before bedtime
Yoga Poses for Beginners
How to get the maximum benefit from yoga for beginners?
- Exercises or asanas (postures) must be performed at a pace that suits you. Stay in each pose for at least 3 of inhalation and exhalation.
- Make small pauses between poses.
- Treat every movement carefully. Concentrate on your body and try to let go of all extraneous thoughts.
- Listen to yourself and do not overexert. The lesson should be enjoyable.
- Keep a glass of water. If you get tired, take a few SIPS and soon you will feel a surge of energy.
- It is Advisable to deal with every day.
Poses Yoga — Asanas
Looks like a yoga class for beginners? Exercise number 1 is a classic yoga pose.
1. Pose of a camel (Ustrasana)
- To perform the camel pose kneel with your feet shoulder width of the pelvis. Hands-free lower back.
- Exhale and arch your back with support on one arm, the second in this pull-up. Tighten buttock muscles and ensure they remain perpendicular to the floor – don’t sit back and not stand on the heel. Hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Run the other way, changing the hands.
- Get on your knees and put your fists in the small of your back. On the exhale, arch your back. Hold this position for 5 respiratory cycles.
Pose allows you to stretch your spine after a long sleep and stretched abdominal muscles.
2. Posture chair (Utkatasana)
- Stand up straight and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Pull straight arms up, turning palms towards each other.
- Slowly bend your knees, moving the body straight forward, if you sit with the buttocks on the chair. Arms remain extended in one line with the body.
- Hold this position for a few tens of seconds, then straighten back to the starting position.
Stay in this pose perfectly strengthens the muscles of the legs and body. Your body will become stronger and more resilient.
3. The position of tilt to the soles (Uttanasana)
- Stand up straight and your feet parallel to each other.
- Turning in the hips, tilt the case straight to the feet and try to get the floor. Back relax, let your body hangs down under its own weight. The neck is not tense.
- Try to direct the nose to the knees and do not bend the legs – they should be straight. Remain in the pose for at least 10-15 seconds.
This position is perfect stretches the back, massages the internal organs, particularly the liver and spleen. Also pose a positive effect on the state of the kidney and activates blood circulation in the pelvic organs. Be sure to include it in your morning yoga set if you have back pain or a tendency to develop osteochondrosis. Under the influence of your own weight and your spine is stretched, the muscle clamps are relaxed, the vertebrae fall into place.
Try to avoid deep bending for injuries of lower back, tailbone, high blood pressure or cerebrovascular disease.
4. Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- stand with your feet wider than shoulders, left foot outward, right inward to the midline of the body.
- Straight arms extended at shoulder level, palms point down.
- Gradually go down the body to the left, trying to get the left-hand little finger of the left foot. The other arm is directed vertically upwards. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Expand the foot to the right and repeat the tilt to the right.
- This pose is also very useful for the spine, massages the intestines, strengthens the muscles of the body.
5. The plow pose (Hal-asana)
- Lie on a Mat on your back, extend hands along the body, palms directed at the floor.
- Lift the straight leg up and behind your head, trying to put socks on the floor. Knees at the same time try to keep straight. If with straight legs to reach the floor does not work – let the foot hang in the air.
- Turn around Slowly to its original position vertebrae by vertebrae.
This exercise flexes the lumbar-sacral and cervical regions of the spine.
6. The position of the candle (Sarvangasana)
- Starting position – as in the previous exercise.
- Lift the straight leg straight up, then lift your legs, pelvis, supporting himself with his hands. Try to move your palm closer to the shoulder blades.
- First stay in this position for 10 seconds, then from occupation to occupation gradually increase the time until you reach three minutes.
- Exit the posture slowly rolling the spine along the floor.
The position of the candle is considered to be one of the most useful poses for organs of the entire body.
7. Pigeon pose (Eka pada rajakapotasana)
- Get on all fours. Pull your right knee forward between your hands, and expand the right foot to the left. The heel of the right foot should be under your left thigh or under the belly.
- Extend your left leg back and try to lower the pelvis down. Bend your elbows and lean on the forearm. Bend still lower, pulling the left foot back.
- To enhance the stretch, slowly straighten your arms. Look straight ahead, stretching but not straining the muscles of the neck.
- Perform exit the posture slowly and carefully. Repeat the movement with the other hand.
There is also a lighter version of this pose:
- Sit down and bend your knees. Gently place your right foot on the left thigh.
- Pull your right knee to your chest. Keep your head up and look straight ahead.
- Repeat with the other leg.
The pigeon is well suited to prepare the muscles to stretch the splits.
8. Half pose of the king of fish (Arla Mmatsyendrasana)
After a few minutes of rest, you can continue to practice yoga. Exercise is the “Half-pose the king of fish” can be performed on the floor or on the bed.
- Sit down, straighten your back and legs.
- Bring your right leg over the left. Foot place next to left knee. While the left leg should be straight.
- Place your left hand over your right knee.
- Exhale slowly twist the spine to the right. For convenience, place the right palm on the floor, and the left elbow behind the knee. Look back for yourself.
- With each exhalation try to twist the spine more. Perform for 3-5 breaths.
- Repeat on the other side.
9. Child’s pose (Balasana)
- Get down on your knees and sit on your heels.
- Taking a deep breath, lean forward and rest your belly on your hips. Don’t forget to keep the back straight.
- Put the forehead on the bed and stretch your arms along the body. The palms should be turned upward.
- Concentrate and make smooth movements of the chest with each inspiration and expiration.
- To exit this pose, first, lift your head, and then slowly straighten your back.
This exercise is one of the most important lesson, morning yoga for beginners. It is aimed at the deep relaxation of the muscles of the back, so it can be used to complete a morning workout along with Savasana (see below). In addition, this pose is perfect for relieving stress during the day, or to reduce muscle tension after performing the challenging exercise.
10. A dead pose (Savasana)
Stay in this position for 4-5-minute ideally completed any yoga exercises. For beginners this is particularly important as to learn how to relax is needed since the first class.
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms along the body and close your eyes.
- The maximum strain the muscles of the body and hold it for a few seconds.
- Fully relax, mentally go over the body from head to toe and focus on your breathing.
Now you are completely ready to the start and a day full of fun!
Make your life more colorful and healthy with the help of the most ancient systems of self-improvement. If you want to change your body and find inner harmony, the best choice is yoga for beginners. Exercises aimed at the development of the whole body, but, first and foremost, pay attention to the spine. After several months of regular classes, you will forget about the back pain, feeling tired during the day and pleasantly surprised changes in your body.